sanyo tv shuts itself off.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
mikeyb
sanyo tv shuts itself off.

can someone please help me before my tv goes flying out the window ? i have a 32 inch sanyo tv(bought it a year ago & of course the warrenty is up.), that constantly turns itself off whenever it damn well pleases. it'll be fine for awhile, then blam, it goes off. i'm only able to turn it back on 3 times before i have to unplug it so it can reset itself, only to eventually go thru it again. the really puzzling thing is that it can go days before it acts up. when it does act up, there's no rhyme or reason to it.

i've checked inside & nothing is loose & everything seems like it's there & where it ought to be.

anybody ever had the same problem or any ideas out there ?

thanks,

mikeyb

Bernard
Hi Mike

Hi Mike

Ah if everything was so simple, life would be great.

I understand your plight and fully sympathise with you but although everything may appear to be there and nothing loose servicing televisions is a refined art...it is almost like painting...you have to have a vision of what is wrong and with experience to know what too look for.

I have answered else where that first you must be aware of the dangers of looking inside the rear cover of a television...the warning label is not there for another to rip you off with a huge repair bill although there are unscrupolous people out there who will.

Unless you have any electrical experience then the best bet is to take it to the repair shop and get a quote but select one that you feel is honest and certainly reputable. Going for a dealer is normally the most expensive (and not necessarily the best) option, while chosing from the local rag can lead to the rip off merchants.

If you have the necessary experience and knowledge of the dangers in repairing any electrical or electronic equipment then I will only be to glad to help.

Bernard

Connect With Techlore