my DVD player hates me...

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
thesloth
my DVD player hates me...

Hey I am having some problems with my Toshiba dvd player and any help you guys could give me would be very very appriated. I have had the Toshiba SD-6815 dvd played for about two years now. During that time it has worked almost perfectly. Now tonight when i went to put a disk in something really odd happened. The machine seemed to freeze up on me. When i put the new cd in and pressed the close button, the shelf would close but the player would not play the disk and the display read "closed". After the message I lost all control of the player as none of the buttons would work. I couldn't even turn off the machine. I had to unplug it in order to finally shut it off. When I turned it back on i was able to tack out the disk, however, when i tried to put in a new disk the same thing happened as before. The machine just freezed. I let it rest unpluged for a while and yet the same thing as before happened. So, i'm wondering if the thing is fried or what. Thanks in advance.

Matt Whitlock
It certainly sounds like it's

It certainly sounds like it's fried. I don't really have any suggestions other than taking it to a shop or replacing it. The problem sounds electronic, and you'll have a terrible time trying to diagnose the culprit part on your own.

Connect With Techlore