Downloading approval

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gepetto
Downloading approval

I've been downloading from BIGPOND music(with the copyright license) to my new Sanyo MP3.The songs go on to the player OK but when I press PLAY the reading comes up saying"NO AUTHORITY".
Can anyone shed some light on what the problem may be please.Thanx.

Matt Whitlock
How are you transferring the

How are you transferring the songs to the Sanyo player?

Gepetto
I transfer the songs from the

I transfer the songs from the computer after download..........the songs play on the computer OK, so they are downloading properly, it's just when I transfer them to the MP3. Thanks for any help you can give.

Matt Whitlock
Sorry,  I should have been

Sorry,  I should have been more specific in my question. Are you
tranferring your music using the cut and paste method with Windows
Explorer, are you using a music program like iTunes, or Windows Media
Player, or some other method?

Gepetto
I transfer using windows

I transfer using windows media player (version 10, i think.) would it be easier using iTunes. ?

I've even tried to transfered the songs by right clicking on the icon for the song after download and clicking on the send to item from the menu that appears.

Is the copyright licence not transferring over with the song ?

I'm an oldie ( 54 ) caught up in this new tech stuff Smile

Thanks againSmile

Matt Whitlock
If it's copy protected music,

If it's copy protected music, you'll need to transfer the music using Windows Media Player. However, you must have a WMA-DRM compatible MP3 player. Your Sanyo may not be able to play copy-protected music, regardless of the method of transfer. 

What's the model number of your Sanyo player? I'll try to look up the spec.

Gepetto
Thank you so much for your

Thank you so much for your help...........i've since discovered it's not compatible, so I took it back to the store and they gave me my money back ( with a smile ), I since got a compatible MP-3 ( a sansa ), and it transfers music without a problem :-)
Thank you again:-)

Matt Whitlock
Fantastic. I'm glad you got

Fantastic. I'm glad you got it working.

I hope you remember to mention TechLore to your friends, and I hope to see you around the community helping others who are also caught up in "this new tech stuff". Smile

Connect With Techlore