Enabling S-Video on Dell latitude 600

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rogue9494
Enabling S-Video on Dell latitude 600

I have the s video cords hooked up to my tv and my laptop and they must be set up right because when i turn on my laptop the picture comes up on my t.v. as well. the problem is, before the desktop screen shows up it dissapears from my tv. ive tried going to the display options to change my monitor but there appears to be no option for changing my default montior. i try using the shortcut Fn+F8 but it only flickers across the screen, then dissapears. any help would be appreciated,

Rogue9494
i should also make sure to

i should also make sure to specify that this is a Dell Latitude 600 running with windows xp

TechBR
Hi Rogue9494

Hi Rogue9494

I have exactly the same problem. How did you solve it?

Thanks!

Matt Whitlock
In the display settings, hit

In the display settings, hit the advanced button and find the tab for your graphics adapter. The Latitude 600 is most likely using an integrated Intel Graphics Adapter. Within the Intel configuration settings, you should see an option to enable the S-Video (TV) output. Check the box and hit apply. You should be pretty good to go from there.

TechBR
Hi Matt!

Hi Matt!

Thanks for the quick answer! Unfortunately it couldn't help. My video card is an ATI Mobility 128 AGP 2x (Dell) and there is no box to check. The connection works just for a few seconds when I but the computer, then the TV goes blue.... I've also tried a different driver, but it didn't work.. Do you have a clue??

Thank you very much!!

Matt Whitlock
TechBR said:

TechBR said:
Hi Matt!
Thanks for the quick answer! Unfortunately it couldn't help. My video card is an ATI Mobility 128 AGP 2x (Dell) and there is no box to check. The connection works just for a few seconds when I but the computer, then the TV goes blue.... I've also tried a different driver, but it didn't work.. Do you have a clue??
Thank you very much!!

Hmmm. I happen to have a Dell 8600 with an ATI Radeon 9600 graphics adapter with S-Vid out. They may operate in a similar way. I'll see if I can fire it up tomorrow and figure out how it works and maybe yours will work the same way.

TechBR
Matt,

Matt,

I already solved the problem. All I had to do was install the version 6.13.10.5023 of my video card! The problem now is, although the connection with the TV works, I can't watch any movies using WMP or other media player... Do you now how to fix it?

Thanks again!

Matt Whitlock
Go to your display settings

Go to your display settings and you should see two displays listed, 1 and 2. 2 should represent your TV. Right click on the number 2, and choose "Primary Display" or "Set as Primary Display." That should allow your laptop to show video content on the secondary monitor instead of just the laptop screen.

There's more about this topic in this thread: http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/11241/Connecting-laptop-to-TV/

TechBR
Thanks Matt!

Thanks Matt!
It's working properly now!!

Alicia hptlc
I am having the exact same

I am having the exact same problem. How do I install 6.13.10.5023 like you did? I don't know what version of the Latitude I have is. All I know is that its a Dell Latitude with Windows Xp

Matt Whitlock
Alicia hptlc said:

Alicia hptlc said:
I am having the exact same problem. How do I install 6.13.10.5023 like you did? I don't know what version of the Latitude I have is. All I know is that its a Dell Latitude with Windows Xp

You can acquire the latest drivers for you laptop directly from Dell. Go to Dell's support section for Drivers and Downloads, then enter your service tag when asked for it (it's on a sticker on the bottom of your notebook). You'll be presented with the latest drivers for your laptop. Don't get too stuck on numbers like 6.13.10.5023, in case you notebook has a different graphics card or the other person had a completely different model.

CurtisJAnderson
Hi. Im trying to hook up my

Hi. Im trying to hook up my Dell Latitude D600 to my tv thru my DVD/VHS player. Cause my TV does not have a S-Video Cable. So do you know how to get that to work? I have a cord that has Four prongs at both ends. But my laptop has a 7 prong hole.? What do i do?

Mark G.
I just got a 7 pin s video to

I just got a 7 pin s video to RCA jacks cable to hook up my laptop to my tv.
So far no picture. I have tried it on 3 different lat tops all dells 2 Latitudes D610 one with plug and play monitor on moblile intel Graphics Media .

The other is a ATI Radon X300 the TV section is grayed out.

The third computer is a older latitude with a Radeon Mobilty card
Any ideas what I am missing.
Thanks, Mark

Connect With Techlore