dvd+r problem

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
minstrel
dvd+r problem

Hi,
I have a 'alba RDVD1002' recorder. I bought a couple of TDK non scratch dvd+rw discs. There was also a dvd+r disc which came with the recorder. All three discs worked ok until recently, but I'm having problems now.
1)I am unable to access two of the discs at all.
2)One of the other discs:- unable to program, as the menu just shows one item as recorded in a 'finalised' format - thus I cannot erase or record.
The recorder is working fine on the dvd+r format.
please advise
minstrel

Matt Whitlock
DVD+R discs are write once

DVD+R discs are write once only, so if that's the one that's finalized, you can't erase it or modify its contents.

DVD+RW discs are eraseable. Check the DVD player menu for an option to format or erase the discs.

minstrel
my apologies - all three

my apologies - all three discs are DVD+RW.
I am unable to access menu options

minstrel
There seems to be a kind of

There seems to be a kind of 'freezing', I press 'enter' as per usual which enables the menu but the recorder/disc refuses to respond.

Matt Whitlock
The unit may need to be reset

The unit may need to be reset. Have you tried unplugging it for a while and plugging it back in? It may not solve the actual problem, but it may at least get you back in to the menu.

unamused
have recently purchased.. one

have recently purchased.. one of these i put in a +r dics and it says do i want to format it.. i say yes and it wont do it... i say no and it gives me the disc back :\

Connect With Techlore