Akai big screen color problem

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
alladream
Akai big screen color problem

I have a Akai pth5498 big screen tv
I have problems with pink/blue color blotches in the background of picture. I was told that the bluing color was weak, and there is 3 of them. Is this filters I need to replace?

OLD CROW
  l have a Akai LCD  27"

l have a Akai LCD  27" Widescreen T.V. LCT2715N & l have tried many times too adjust the Color, and contrast or even tint but when l get too a certain point it says user mode only & l cannot seem too find a way pass that point Undecided Hope someone can help ........

Dick Pace
Tatung HDTV:  Color blotches

Tatung HDTV:  Color blotches on skintone (aqua) and background (various).  Comes and goes - normally starts after good warm up.  Adjustments of brite-Cont-Hue-Color-Temp-Backlight, etc., make no difference.  Gray scale appears perfect.

Any ideas?

Dick Pace

Larry Dillon
Dick , without knowing what

Dick , without knowing what type and model of this TV is, would be like shooting a gun in the dark.

Dick Pace
Larry:

Larry:

Tatung 32" LCD HDTV Mfg 8 Dec 06 rec'd 30 Jan 07.  Problem started Feb 1st and is intermittent (Color blotches on skintone (aqua) and background (various).  Comes and goes - lasting 3 to 10 minutes - and adjusting Brite- Cont-Hue-Color-Temp-Backlight, etc., makes no difference.)  Gray Scale is perfect and without blotches.

I serviced tv's over 18 yrs and never saw anything like this.

Can you help?  By the way:  Model No. V37739.

MOtvGuy
Sound like your set is under

Sound like your set is under warranty. Take it in. It'll probably get exchanged, Tatung is NOT a quality set with much support.

Larry Dillon
I agree 1000% with MOtvGuy,

I agree 1000% with MOtvGuy, why are you even asking  about a repair, as it is still under warranty?

Dick Pace
Larry:

Larry:

In response to your reply of yesterday, I suppose the best answer is that I am "of the old school" in that I was trained to repair, not replace.  Also, my curiosity gets the best of me.  " Why did this happen - how can it be corrected?"

I guess I'll just have to send it back and get an established brand.

Larry Dillon
I agree with you Dick about

I agree with you Dick about the old school, as I have been around a long time myself.  Things are not made like they used to be and they certainly do not last as long as they used to.  I never had any doubt about fixing a 10 year old Zenith Croma-color II TV set.  Those TVs in my opinion were the best around.  Easy to repair and lasted a good 20 years.  I know one fella that still has one working.  I do though these days with these tV sets that are over 10 years old.  But if you look into the situation of how these sets are made, the manufacturers simply had to make cheaper less expensive TV sets because of consumer crys for less expensive TV sets.  The only way the manufacturers can do this is simple.  Make the TV sets with cheaper parts. Cheaper parts mean a less reliable TV.

richcpz
OLD CROW said:   l have a

OLD CROW said:   l have a Akai LCD  27" Widescreen T.V. LCT2715N & l have tried many times too adjust the Color, and contrast or even tint but when l get too a certain point it says user mode only & l cannot seem too find a way pass that point Undecided Hope someone can help ........

I was wondering if you received an answer to this question? I having the same problem

richcpz
Just in case this information

Just in case this information is needed to this question:

l have a Akai LCD  27" Widescreen T.V. LCT2715N & l have tried many times too adjust the Color, and contrast or even tint but when l get too a certain point it says user mode: 

Answer is:  On your remote are two buttons

1)  P.MODE - Press this button until the PIC MODE is USER

2) S. MODE  -Press his button untilthe SOUND MODE is USER

Dick Pace
I phoned Tatung service

I phoned Tatung service number and reported the problem, asking to talk to a technician.  The

Rep. I talked to left the phone a few minutes and came back saying the best solution was to give

me a new set!  She sent me one that same day and emailed me a UPS return lable.  I got the new

set 3 or 4 days later and returned the defective set in that box.  For the past ten months, the

replacement set has been perfect.  Tatung really stands by their TV's as far as I'm concerned.

madeaable
volume is very scratchy...

volume is very scratchy... tryin to find user mode from universl remote please help

madeaable
have an AKAI 42 in... and

have an AKAI 42 in... and cant seem to enter users mode for audio settins

Connect With Techlore