Help - Remote Wont Work!!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
twinsmom
Help - Remote Wont Work!!

After cleaning fingerprints off the control panel on the top of my RCA TV, my remote control no longer works. I've tried all the troubleshooting and the universal remote, nothing works. I must have hit some buttons while cleaning the front control panel that has locked out any remote. Any suggestions would be great.

Matt Whitlock
Possibly, but you may want to

Possibly, but you may want to try some of the easier troubleshooting steps first. Make sure the remote has fresh batteries, and make sure it's in the correct mode (check for a "TV" button near the top).

Check those things and post back with your results.

twinsmom
I've tried all the simple

I've tried all the simple troubleshooting steps, called the RCA support line (no help), checked out their website and posted a question (still haven't heard back). I've unplugged the TV hoping to reset everything, no luck. I know it's not the remote, it's something in the TV that I've locked somehow.

Matt Whitlock
twinsmom said:I've tried all

twinsmom said:

I've tried all the simple troubleshooting steps, called the RCA support line (no help), checked out their website and posted a question (still haven't heard back). I've unplugged the TV hoping to reset everything, no luck. I know it's not the remote, it's something in the TV that I've locked somehow.

Hmmm... Can you provide the model number of the TV? I'll see if I can hunt down a manual for it. Maybe something will jump out at me.

twinsmom
The model number if 32V550T -

The model number if 32V550T - thanks for the help!

Matt Whitlock
I only found one thing in the

I only found one thing in the manual that described your problem:

Note: If you keep pressing buttons and nothing happens, the remote is probably in the wrong
mode. You must press the component button that matches the component you want to operate (i.e., if you want to operate the VCR, press VCR on the remote control to put the remote in VCR mode.)

If that's not the problem, you can try to reset the remote. To do this:

Remove the batteries and press the number 1 button for at least 60 seconds. Release the 1 button, replace the batteries, and (if necessary) program the remote again.

If those don't work, it could be a bad remote. That, or a problem with the TV (let's hope that's not the case).

twinsmom
I have accepted defeat and

I have accepted defeat and ordered a new remote. I really don't think that's the problem but I did try all of your suggestions. Thanks for your help and I'll be sure to post something if the new remote works - my fingers are crossed!

Connect With Techlore