Horizontal line on a panasonic 27" TV

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
jon61586
Horizontal line on a panasonic 27" TV

Please I need your help guys. I have a TV made by Panasonic in 1997, my problemis whenever I turn it on it doesn't display the full picture it just displays a horizontal line, the sound works and everything you just only get a very thin line that runs horizontally across the screen. Also whenever there is a thump that can vibrate the room it messes up as well. Can someone help me out please!

damoney
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with my panasonic 27". Tv was working fine the night before, turned it on the next morning and get a horizontal line in the middle of the tube.  

Did anyone have an answer for this ? Thanks for any info.
Larry Dillon
If the Picture comes back

If the Picture comes back when it gets bumped , theres a cold solder connection on the verticle output IC, or the associated componets. If its a steady line, most likly the  Vert.Sweep IC is defective, or the b+ feed from the scan power supply has a problem. If your a tech then this shouldnt be a difficult repair. If your not it shouldnt cost too much, as around here, a repair as this would go from 80.00 to 125.00 bucks.  If the sety is almost 10 years old, its up to you but the life expectancy of the set has already passed. yjey dont makem like they used to. Good Luck

Connect With Techlore