connecting devices together in the correct way

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
dikky
connecting devices together in the correct way

can someone help me by telling me how to connect my tv , dvd player with 5.1 surround sound, sky box and video recorder together so they all work in synch

the tv is a 42 inch samsung plasma and the surround sound system with dvd player is samsung with connections for all the speakers.

my main issue is what connections go to and from tv,sky box and dvd and video

the dvd and surround sound are new but have no instructions

sid
hi..i just bought a sony 5

hi..i just bought a sony 5 cd/dvd player model no. DVP-NC615....but it has no inputs for connectnig my surround sound and i also have my old cd/dvd playertoshiba model no. SD-V55HTSU which has an input for the surround sound....so now i'm looking for some help regarding connecting ny new dvd player with the old one so as to enable the surround sound....

Matt Whitlock
Hi sid,

Hi sid,

You need to output sound from the DVD player and input it to an audio system. 

Your DVPNC615 should offer analog out, and some sort of digital audio connection (either coaxial or optical). If you have a digital capable receiver, plug one of the digital ouputs to the digital input on the receiver. You may need to refer to your surround sound system's manual for instructions on how to assign digital inputs and configure. 

If your receiver has no digital inputs, connect the L/R analog outputs from the DVD player to an open input on the receiver. Select the appropriate input on the receiver and you'll be good to go. 

Connect With Techlore