need help with grundig plasma tv

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
freddieB
need help with grundig plasma tv

hello this is first time trying to repair a plasma tv i was givin a 42" grundig planatron plasma display.but there is a small fault somewhere i fix pcs by day so started bit of trouble shooting any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
1.plasma appears to power up okay takes a few seconds then light goes from red to green and you get a menu appearing (i think its to select languages or input) but then after that it disapeers and you are leftwith a bank screen the plasma does not display any picture but still seems to be recieveing power! okay and respond to remote control commands .i have tried antenna ,VGA connector (without tuner)and the SVHS tunertop no avail i stripped back off plasma and all looks okay from (me that has never looked in back of tv before)all the resistors circuits and connectiosn all seem in good order there is 2 small fuses that look okay at a glance cant see any damage
"what i think now dont laugh"
with my very limited knowledge of tvs to me it seems like the software\firmware for the TV is loading and crashing would this or could this happen with a tv ? and if im just being mad can someone please help point me the right direction
my tech spidey pc fixin sense tels me it is something small any ideas anyone any help would be very greatly appreciated

freddieB
lo again ok through further

lo again ok through further detective work talking to tv repair men etc i believe the trouble to be the inverter board could any one point me in the right directin to get one

Connect With Techlore