Toshiba SD-V55HTSU problems

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bucket
Toshiba SD-V55HTSU problems

I have the above named model which is a dvd/cd/vcr theatre system. Have never had problems with it. I recently moved and tried to hook up the system again, and it is not responding to the remote. It does power on and off and the function buttons work, but practically all of the needed functions and commands are done via the remote. Yes yes, I have changed the batteries. I can turn the unit on and off with an alternate remote so my guess is the 'eye' is working. This remote worked just find prior to my move, and I know the unit wasn't dropped or damaged in the move. Any ideas? Do I need to just get a new remote for this thru Toshiba?

O_O
hey, i have the same problem,

hey, i have the same problem, and i'm not even sure if you'll respond or see this, but if you do, did you find any resolution to this problem??

Larry Dillon
I would first contact toshiba

I would first contact toshiba here http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/customers... and ask them if there is a firmware update on this model. If not, then Im suspecting that the remote is no good. I would have it checked out first, or borrow one, if you can, from someone,to see if it works. If you get another remote and it does not work, then the Microprocessor must have lost some of it's firmware, or something got damaged in the process. If you do need another rewmote you can get an origuinal replacement at http://www.remotes.com/remotes/servle... for less then from Toshiba Im told. Good Luck and please let us know how you made out.

O_O
My problem, actually, is that

My problem, actually, is that the remote works fine for the TV, but it doesn't respond to the DVD/VCR and none of the buttons on the machine itself work except for DVD/VCR and the regular pause, play, stop, eject, etc. Channel Up/Down works, but not on where it says "Channel Up/Down"; it's actually where it says "Copy/Memory." The power button also seems to have "shifted" to the "Tuning Up" button. It's very, very odd. I'm positive that nothing is wrong with the remote control, but has anyone ever encountered or heard of something like this??

Larry Dillon
No not really.  It really

No not really.  It really sounds like a fault in the firmware of the unit or the power supply may have a voltage thats too low.

Connect With Techlore