Last post
craigbentley
tv no go

problem with a 32 " Philops /model 32pt663r37a
this is a problem of power switch goes click and no pic
any quick resolutions ???

z-28hugger
Same problem here, it seems

Same problem here, it seems that the 12V relay on the main board just clicks and that's all.  I'm thinking about trying to replace that relay...  I'd take this thing in but it's too damn heavy to be carting around.

Larry Dillon
If the sets clicking, thats

If the sets clicking, thats an idication that the standby power supplys ok, as the relay is clicking and not bad.  The problem you have is most likly the main power supply or maybe even the horizontal sweep section as this circuit has a separate power supply called a sweep dirived supply, and if the horizontal drive or sweep circuits not working ,nor will the power supply. This set reallty has no user serviceable parts inside as its all solid state everyt part is soldered into a printed circuit board, and if you try to repair this set you will have a great danger of hurting yourselfs or making the set worse, as theres alot of Hi Voltage inside this set ,even if its unplugged. Please if you have no experience servicing solid state electronic, seek out an experienced service person to assist you in this repair. Good Luck

RHILLBANK
WHEN I PUSH THE POWER BUTTON,

WHEN I PUSH THE POWER BUTTON, IT JUST CLICKS, OVER AND OVER, THE LED ON THE FRONT OF THE TV JUST BLINKS TO THE BEAT OF THE RELAY CLICK.

I REMOVED THE PLASTIC CASE ON THE RELAY AND COULD SEE THE RELAY WASN'T MAKING A COMPLETE CONNECTION, SO I HELPED COMPLETE THE CONNECTION AND IT CAME ON. WORKED JUST FINE PERFECT PICTURE, AND POWERED OFF JUST FINE, BUT TO TURN IT ON HAD TO MAKE THE CONNECTION AGAIN FOR THE RELAY.... IT IS LIKE THE RELAY ISN'T GETTING ENOUGH CURRENT TO TRIP, BUT ONCE TRIPPED IT WILL STAY AS A CLOSED CIRCUIT. ANY ADVICE TO WHAT IS CAUSING THIS???

Larry Dillon
Common problem with a relay

Common problem with a relay circuit. Theres a leaky capacitor in the standby power supply that feeds the power to the relay. Yes by closing the relay the set will work but you wont get any sound till you hit the power button unless you hit it before you closed the relay. Thats because the microprocessor didnt tell the rest of the set to go on.  If you know how to test capacitors and use a mutimeter you shouldnt have any problem finding theis problem But Please read these two articles first http://www.techlore.com/article/14476/ and  http://www.techlore.com/article/10602/  Good Luck

Connect With Techlore