connection....

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
NOZ3Y
connection....

Hello i need some help on connecting a laptop to a tv.
Now ive read everything you have done, which is very impressive an all, but I still don't understand what I have to do.
I have an averatec 3200 series laptop it doesn't have any video ports, all it has is three usb ports and a monitor port to connect an external monitor.Can i still connect it to a tv or not please help me because my mates won't get off my back about. thanks for your time.

Ron Repking (not verified)
Since it sounds like you don

Since it sounds like you don't have any usable video ports, I think that you're going to have trouble connecting your laptop to a standard TV. Most laptops have at least an S-Video out which you could use if it were there. So, I would guess that you're probably out of luck unless you invest in a video card.

NOZ3Y
ok thanks for that i was told

ok thanks for that i was told that their is a converter that you can get you put it in the output for an external monitor and it gives you and s-video socket is this true do you know? if so where can i get 1 from

Ron Repking (not verified)
Yes, you can buy a cable or

Yes, you can buy a cable or converter to do what you want. In fact, I have one myself that connects my Media Center PC to my TV via a VGA to Component Cable. I would recommend component connection if your TV has one over a Svideo connection.

There are also converters too. Check out the link above to see what works best for your situation.

NOZ3Y
yes thats what im looking for

yes thats what im looking for but its on the american amazon do you know any english sites where i can buy it from because i dont think its on the english amazon website

subbu_mca
I have VGA out put in my

I have VGA out put in my laptop and not a S-video output. But in my TV i have a S-video input. Which cable is really support to connect. I have been looking at the above link (VGA to Component Cable given). But i am not sure which one i can buy.

subbu_mca
Ron Repking said: Yes, you

Ron Repking said: Yes, you can buy a cable or converter to do what you want. In fact, I have one myself that connects my Media Center PC to my TV via a VGA to Component Cable. I would recommend component connection if your TV has one over a Svideo connection. There are also converters too. Check out the link above to see what works best for your situation.

I have VGA out put in my laptop and not a S-video output. But in my TV i have a S-video input. Which cable is really support to connect. I have been looking at the above link (VGA to Component Cable given). But i am not sure which one i can buy.

Connect With Techlore