Zenith Edtv Plasma has black veritcal line

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
topflight
Zenith Edtv Plasma has black veritcal line

I have a Zenith 42 EDtv, and couple of days ago a black vertical line about 2inch wide appeared on the screen, in the begining it would go away and come back, but now its there for good, i even tried changing to dvd player and xbox but the line still remains, any advice would be helpfull, also can this problem be fixed or would i be looking into spending more money buying a new tv??

moylelb
I have a 42" Zenith (P42W24Bx

I have a 42" Zenith (P42W24Bx) plasma screen monitor that is about 2 years old & is having similar problems. Mine is a solid non wavering straight line in the center of the screen. It started about 2 weeks ago only after startup but now seems to be on permanently. My manual said interference could cause verticle or horizontal lines but since it occured mostly at startup I think its internal and has something to do with the system warming up. I checked with Zenith and a local repair guy and they hadn't heard of the problem. I think Zenith has replacement repair modules (cards) if we olny knew which one to replace.

topflight
mine is about 2 years old too

mine is about 2 years old too, i cause its a problem with all zeniths, i guess you haven't fixed yours yet? once in a while the black bar will go away, but eventully it comes back

moylelb
Well I have bad news. After

Well I have bad news. After calling Zenith a couple of times I finally found a TV repair shop in Victorville CA that will work on them - but only if under warranty. He said they have to fix them by replacing modules one by one until the find the right one - and its too expensive unless under warranty. I ask about the verticle bar and he said it was the plasma screen going out and would cost $1700 to $2000 to replace. He said that the bar would become permanent and eventually other colored bars may appear. I guess I'll keep ours a while to see how it goes and before I throw it away I'll take it appart to see if any of the screen connectors are not making god contact. I was able to buy a repair manual from mamualsparadise.com but it was no help in diagnosing the problem. It does show the exploded view of the parts though. If it turns out to be a connector problem I'll let you know. If you learn anything more let me know. Good luck.
Moylelb

topflight
Well i guess you would be

Well i guess you would be better off buying a new tv rather than geting it fixed. Well after i read you e-mail about the interference problem, i just bought an air purifier machine and maybe for some reason the ionizaiton process caused something kind of interference with the plasma ascreen. the problem actually began when i bought the machine and used it, i just took it out yesterday, and the vertical line went away, weird. hopefully that was what was causing the problem..

Skelly
I have a Zenith P42W24BX TV

I have a Zenith P42W24BX TV with the same black line through the screen, just left of center.  I haven't opened 'er up yet, but will soon.  If anyone out there has experienced this problem, and more importantly a solution please post here.

I paid WAY too much for this TV to have this sort of problem.  F!&$(^% electronics these days are garbage.  This TV will be a huge addition to the local land fill...  When will these companies start taking responsibilty for the garbage they produce?

Peace.

Connect With Techlore