LG vx6000 voice from vx6000 is not being hear on receiving phone

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
kwrcad
LG vx6000 voice from vx6000 is not being hear on receiving phone

We have 4 VX6000 phones. My daughters phone recently started to have problems where the receiving phone does not hear her voice
I can sit in the same room with her phone and my phone connected, she can hear me ok, but I canot hear her very well. Certainly not at the same voice level.
Any help would be appreciated.

kwrcad
I connected an external hands

I connected an external hands free device and when using it, the phone voice transfer can be heard on other phones. When the hands free device is removed, the voice is very hard to heard.
So it seems like her microphone is the problem.
Can it be fixed?

Matt Whitlock
I'd check to make sure that

I'd check to make sure that there isn't any mute function engaged by default in the normal profile, or any other settings that may cause this.

It's very likely that your analysis is correct, and there is a problem with the pickup inside the phone (it happens). It is possible to have cell phones repaired, but unless it is under warranty by the manufacturer, it's usually not worth it. The best thing to do would be to complain to Verizon. Be nice to the phone rep, and it's possible they'll just send you a replacement handset.

If they won't for some reason, ask around. I'd be willing to bet you know someone, or someone you know has a friend, that has an unused Verizon phone they'll either give you or sell you for cheap.

Connect With Techlore