transferring FM songs from minidisc player to SonicStage's My Library

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
pman52
transferring FM songs from minidisc player to SonicStage's My Library

I have a Sony MZ-NHF800 Hi-Md minidisc player/recorder. I'm trying to transfer songs recorded from FM with a regular minidisc (not Hi-Md)to Sony's SonicStage My Library,but without much success.
Sony's manual, despite being quite extensive, isn't clear about this.
Could someone provide me with step-by-step instructions as to how to do this?
Thank you in advance for your help!!!

pman52

Nick12
did anyone respond about the

did anyone respond about the transfer of music from minidisc to pc or apple,

Sony's instruction seem simple enough but doesn't seem to work  Thanks Nick12

Matt Whitlock
As far as I'm aware, it is

As far as I'm aware, it is not possible to move songs from a MiniDisc to a PC, only the other way around with Sonic Stage. Sonic Stage will only allow you to check-in music that was originally written to the MiniDisc using sonic stage. When you check-in items, Sonic stage simply deletes it from the MiniDisc.

I've looked for third party apps that will let you copy the contents of a MiniDisc to a PC, but so far I have not had any luck.

If you want a digital copy of the music, your only choice is to connect the player to PC's analog input, and capture the audio during playback to a PCM file using a program like Audacity. You can then convert it to MP3 or whatever digital format you want. Then, you can import the file into Sonic Stage, and then it will check-in/out like any other song. 

If you want to capture audio a lot, I'd recommed something like the Radio Shark to make capturing FM to your PC easier. 

Connect With Techlore