Viewing Problem

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
soundz
Viewing Problem

I'm tearing my hair out! I've just bought an 8" LCD T.V. from Maplins to use as a video monitor with my Karaoke Show...It works great with my DVD Players and also Hard Drives...but when I use one of my three CDG Players (A JVC, KAM, and Numark Players) I get nothing but a bluescreen on the LCD. I should add that I've been using a 5" Colour TV as a monitor with this system for many years, and upgraded to the LCD to make our monitoring system easier to read...Any Ideas would be more than welcome.. and keep me Sane!

soundz
It's nor the middle of August

It's nor the middle of August and I've had no replies...any help for this problem would be gratefully appreciated..still waiting to be able to use this LCD TV as a monitor.

Many Thanks

Larry Dillon
What type of input does this

What type of input does this LCD have??

soundz
The T.V has an AV input..also

The T.V has an AV input..also S- Video and normal Aerial Inputs. The Instruction Leaflet says that the AV Input accepts normal 1volt p-to-p composite video...which is exactly what the various CDG Players output.

My only feeling is that there must be a slight mismatch here, as the players will not overcome whatever is forcing the TV to display a Blue Screen.

Larry Dillon
A blue screen is an

A blue screen is an indication that theres is no input so my thinking is that the jack or cable is bad?

soundz
Thanks for the thought Larry,

Thanks for the thought Larry, I know the cable/plugs are O.K. because when they are connected to my DVD Players, or Media Jukebox Hard Drive, everything is displayed perfectly.

The only difference is that they are avi format, whereas cd+g is something of an unkown beast.. hence the lack of information available.

Connect With Techlore