My V C R

1 post / 0 new
Gerardine
My V C R

I wonder can anyone help me please. Regrettably I am not at all technical and am having a problem with my VCR it is not recognising TV channels. It will not record when pre-set and when VCR machine switched on it interferes with UK Channel 5. I was advised that the Video Channel may be located too close to Channel 5 which would cause the interferance. The only successful way to watch Channel 5 is to have VCR switched off. Spoken to tech. support for circa 2 1/2 hours yesterday in the UK who guided me through to an Ext 2 screen on my TV where a pre recorded video can be watched but there is minimal colour in playback and even increasing the colour brightness etc to maximum the picture quality is very poor. The normal TV screen and Ext 1 screen was not recognising the VCR signal. Could anyone please advise me what I can do please? the video model is a Toshiba as is the TV. Is there any way I can get the VCR operating on the same Ext as the TV? Would a new scart lead do the trick? or do I have to think about purchasing a new VCR?

Thanks for your your help with this matter as previously mentioned I am by no stretch of the imagination technical so am completely lost with this one.

Regards

Gerardine

Connect With Techlore