DVD-to-DVD Copies

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
RedBaron15
DVD-to-DVD Copies

I've had a DVD player but was recently given a DVD recorder as a gift. Can you make copies of DVDs by using one as a player and the other as a recorder or is a DVD recorder just for copying stuff from the TV, just like you would make copies of your favorite shows to the VCR?

If this is indeed possible, how do you set up the two machines? I already have a VCR connected which gets lots of use and a cable box.

As you can tell, I'm not Techie savy.

RedBaron

Matt Whitlock
You can easily create copies

You can easily create copies of non-copyrighted DVDs by using the method you've mentioned. DVD recorders can also record content from TV sources such as cable and satellite boxes.

Connect the DVD player or any other non-protected video source to an input on the recorder. Load a home DVD or other non-copyrighted material into the player (or tune to a station you wish to record), and an appropriate blank into the recorder (to learn more about recordable DVD formats, read "Understanding the Different Types of Recordable DVDs"). Change the recorder input to match where you plugged in the player. Hit "record" on the recorder, and "play" on the player(if applicable)... just like on a VCR.

Connect With Techlore