Panasonic DVD Recorder

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
kjp372
Panasonic DVD Recorder

Hello, I connected a Panasonic DVD recorder(DMR-ES20) to my home theatre system which includes a Panasonic HDTV(CT-34WX52), Toshiba DVD player(SD-5700), Proscan VCR(PSVR74), Scientific Atlanta DVR(8300HD) and a Sony suround sound receiver(STR-DE435). I cannot get the DVD recorder to copy from my DVD player. Please, can anyone help? Thank you.

kjp372
Hi Matt,I am trying to copy a

Hi Matt,
I am trying to copy a DVD-R of a home video.

Matt Whitlock
Your DVD player will connect

Your DVD player will connect with line level cables like composite (yellow) or S-Video (the one with pins) to the DVD recorder. Make sure that you connect the cables to the output on the DVD player, and an input on the DVD recorder.

Next, you will need to select the appropriate input on the DVD recorder. The appropriate input number should match the label of the jacks your DVD player is plugged in to.

A good test to see if everything is as it should be is to view the DVD recorder's output on your TV screen. If you can see the disc that is in the player while watching the DVD recorder's output, everything is good to go.

Put your home movie in the DVD player, and a blank DVD disc in the recorder. Hit play on the player, and record on the recorder. Your player will then playback the movie and your recorder will capture it. If you're copying to a DVD-R, you will need to finalize the disc before it will be playable in other machines.

You can also check out the article called "How To Convert VHS and Camcorder Tapes to DVD Using a DVD Recorder/VCR". Though it is about transferring VHS to DVD, the steps for a home DVD movie to a DVD recorder are practically the same.

kjp372
I tried to do it the way that

I tried to do it the way that you said. I cannot view the DVD that I am playing and can only record whatever is coming through the cable box. WOW, this is annoying!

Matt Whitlock
Make sure you didn't forget

Make sure you didn't forget to change the input on the TV to view the output from the DVD recorder.

Also, if you're recording the cable box, then you have the DVD recorder set to record whatever channel or input the cable box is plugged in to. Change the input source on the DVD recorder to the input where you plugged in your DVD player.

Connect With Techlore