What's wrong with my tv, it clicks on & then clicks off? Need Help Please!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
mrstaz
What's wrong with my tv, it clicks on & then clicks off? Need Help Please!

I have a Sylvania 32" TV that clicks on & then immediately clicks off. Does anyone know what might be wrong with it & how much it would cost to fix it? Thanks!

Dartec
Hi,

Hi,

I am having the same problems with 6432TD.  Have you gotten any advice yet?   Is the tv worth paying for repair?  I know this is an old posting, but just bought this tv at garage sale and it worked there.

Thanks again

D

Larry Dillon
OK peeps for both of you..

OK peeps for both of you.. Your problem with a Sylvania, if its clicking on and then off right, after you switch it on, is an indication of a short or a falure in the Horizontal sweep section of the TV set. If your not a tech or have any know how on troubleshooting HI voltage circuits, it would be advisable for you to seek out a professional to assit you with such a repair, as with out the exstensive training and troubleshooting skills you would be risking your life as well as your house holds well being as servicing a TV sets not what it use to be. But if you do have any experience i would first go to the HOT( horizontal output transistor). Disconnect the two end leads on it and measure across it with a simple Digital volt ohm meter or a VOM. If your lost , Please seek a pro to assit you. If your Not , Then If the transistors not measureing a short. static check all the diodes as well as the capacitors in the sweep power supply also then start checking the transistors in the main SMPS(swithed mode power suply). If that does'nt get you no where then seek out a tech to assist you.  Please read this and if you have any questions get back to us. Thanks and Good luck.  http://www.techlore.com/article/14476/

Dartec
Hi Techman,

Hi Techman,

Nope not a tech, especially with electrical currents etc. Will get a pro to look at it. Thank you very much for your assistance. I will take your information with me to the TV repair shop.

Thanks again. Will not risk life.

Dartech

Connect With Techlore