RF Modulator

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
birdmadgirl
RF Modulator

I bought an RCA RF modulator (rca CRF935 for what it's worth) and I've had it about a month and it's been working fine. I unplugged it for all of 3 days and now when I try to use it, I'll plug it in and the light on the front that indicates its working blinks for half a second and that's it. It doesn't work. I didn't move it, throw it, step on it, drive over it with my car, I simply unplugged it. I've tried it in other outlets throughout my apartment and still. Nothing.

Does anybody know why it would do this? I can wrap my mind around it simply just NOT working but that little split second of light blinkage is killing me. Why would it do this? What can I do to make it do it's job?

Matt Whitlock
It may not even be the

It may not even be the modulator. I've seen a few cases when the AC transformer got messed up. If you have a multi-meter, you could check the output of the transformer to be sure. If it is, RCA should exchange it for you with little fuss.

If it's not the transformer, RCA should replace the modulator since you've only had it one month. Normally they give you a 90 day warranty on stuff like this. If they won't because you don't have the receipt (always save reciepts!), you may have to cut your loss and buy a new modulator. Personally, I've had fantastic luck with Philips, Radio Shack, and Terk modulators.

Good luck!

birdmadgirl
Ok thank you but since then I

Ok thank you but since then I went and bought another one (the exact same kind) and this new one is doing the exact same thing.

So what does that mean to me?

Matt Whitlock
I certainly wouldn't call

I certainly wouldn't call that normal. without really seeing it person I couldn't even begin to give you an explanation as to why that's happening. My suggestion is to pack up the modulator, return it, and try another brand.

what
Birdmadgirl, Try using a

Birdmadgirl, Try using a different RCA VIDEO CABLE, it's the Yellow One, the RF_Modulator has a video sensing circuit and will not operate unitl it recieves signal. This means you have to hook it to your Player and the TV as well as start playing a DVD. Until you push play the modulator is passing the coaxial signal through to the TV. The Light Will Come On,Aerosmith said it best, Just Push Play!!
Hope this helps.

Connect With Techlore