1985 RCA project. tv. colortrak2000

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
aleamon
1985 RCA project. tv. colortrak2000

yes it still played up until recently. we were gave the tv. i think its a 52 inch not real certain. The picture on the tv started just going off, woudl still have sound. now when you poer up the tv we have nothing. is there any suggestions on what to do. hubby is wanting to trash it because he thinks it will cost to much to fix being so old. i was hoping to gain advice on what it may be short of doing that. any advice is greatly appreciated. TIA

mos21r
those old rca's are a bitch

those old rca's are a bitch but can be fixed get a soldering iron a roll of sodder wick and a roll of sodder then check every connection (the tuners are notorious)

aleamon
k thanks for the advice we

k thanks for the advice we may try that. i figured that it would be a bitch to work on myself

lemtrout
I have an old RCA colortrak

I have an old RCA colortrak 2000 - picture is still great, but the volume button is not working - any suggestions?

Captain
Hello,

Hello,

someone gave me an RCA Colortrak2000, it will power up, but wont come on at all, please help, or tell me where I can get it checked out. I'm in Georgia.  Thanks!

Larry Dillon
This set was famous for the

This set was famous for the tuner control board going bad or having bad connnections on the plugs on the board. I doubt if this board is even still available any more. This set is at least 22 years old and most definatly not worth taking to a repair shop for an estimate. I doubt if any parts are still available, and you do not know how good the picture tube would be even if you were able to bring it back to life. My best advice would be to thow it away... Sorry.

Connect With Techlore