old LXI TV menu scroll - need it to quit

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
bonbon
old LXI TV menu scroll - need it to quit

Thank you in advance most kindly for your assistance. The dog jumped on remote and hit some button; now the TV menu keeps scrolling down, stuck in preview mode or demo mode. I don't understand the lingo but the words srolling top to bottom distact from the excellent picture. How do I make it stop? Hubby lost manual; TV from about 1989 Sears. Tried opening front panel: on TV push + and - at same time; tried push channel up and down same time. Each about 30 seconds. Driving me nuts.

dgh42
I have the same problem, don

I have the same problem, don't know what to push on the remote to get it to stop, we have an RCA learning remote as the dog destroted the origional one it is sure hard to watch TV with this info scrolling all the time.

Larry Dillon
Whats the model Number from

Whats the model Number from both dgh42 and bonbon, as the auto scroll is done differantly on all sets.  Oh and do you both have the original remote controls for your sets?

WG
I have the LXI 20" TV.  The

I have the LXI 20" TV.  The remote fell and now the tv is in demo mode.  The model # is 

56442455950.  I have tried the normal combo's but no luck.   I have the originial remote.

Any help on what the correct combo is to turn this off would be great.

Thanks

Wg 

dam
scrooing like all others

scrooing like all others model # is 564-4290595

Larry Dillon
Press on hold one of the

Press on hold one of the control buttons (under the flip door) on the front of the tv for three seconds. The green screen text (like A/V) will flash when demo mode is deactivated.

hicaliper
this is the most helpful site

this is the most helpful site that i have become a part of in a long time-took less than 5 minutes to register,search the issue with my tv,diagnose and repair the tv and post this positive comment . THANK YOU to everyone involved ! ghbusa1300

Eric Daugherty (not verified)
Larry Dillon said: Press on

Larry Dillon said: Press on hold one of the control buttons (under the flip door) on the front of the tv for three seconds. The green screen text (like A/V) will flash when demo mode is deactivated.

thank you so much.  this fixed the problem.

Pierre Laliberte
I came across the same issue

I came across the same issue with a Sears model C539-15309 and the same remedee cured the patient.

Thanks a lot.

acuemusic
Sat my laptop on the remote

Sat my laptop on the remote and the menu just keeping on scrolling. I know it was a button that needed to be set. I am truelly gratefully for this information... My TV was purchase from Sears in 1989 as well 32

Larry Dillon
Have you tried to unplug the

Have you tried to unplug the set for a while?

redbone 0687
omg i had that problem on my

omg i had that problem on my tv some one gave me the tv so i did not have the remote that came with it and i was playing with the tv one day and it started raining words so i stopped watching my tv i pressed the control button for 3 secs omg it worked a year with those dam words were driving me crazy are gone omg love this site u just saved me so much money i was about to buy a tv on ebay

Larry Dillon
redbone 0687, glad we could

redbone 0687, glad we could assist you on this one, very common problem with the older type LXI TV sets I used to repair them under the warranty for the stores in New York!! btw they are made by Sanyo
Larry

rushing56
hew i am having the same

hew i am having the same problem as above but the push a button for three sec doesnt work. any ideas?

rushing56
i am having the same problem

i am having the same problem as above but the one button three sec thing will not work. any ideas?

evil
Try holding control and left

Try holding control and left arrow for three seconds.

rjc
the hold button for 3 seconds

the hold button for 3 seconds did not work....i do not have the original remote

rjc
I do not have the original

I do not have the original remote and the hold any button does not work, what else can I do?

Boggy
I have that same 1989 model

I have that same 1989 model that I bought new at Sears. I no longer have the manual and the remote is long dead. My question is this: Even after all this time, it has a very crisp picture and the color is perfect. Was this an early HD-capable model? How many lines of resolution does it have?

Connect With Techlore