playstation problem

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
msfinessa
playstation problem

I have an old Playstation. Now when I put in a game I get a screen that gives the option of transferring saved games from one memory card to another or CD Player but I can't get the game to play or even the option of starting the game. Does anyone know how to get rid of this screen and back to the game?? I have disconnected everything and hooked back up but nothing is working.

Matt Whitlock
Just to be clear, we're

Just to be clear, we're talking Playstation 1 right? This one?

msfinessa
That is correct....the old

That is correct....the old Playstation!

Matt Whitlock
Will your PS1 recognize and

Will your PS1 recognize and play an audio CD? Or, will it not recognize any kind of disc?

HawkSinger
y'know, i have a ps1 with

y'know, i have a ps1 with that same problem... mine will occasionally play a game tho, if i turn it over, or leave it alone for a long time...but its only a temporary solution.

maf
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with the old Play Station pictured above. Turn the console on and the screen goes to the Blue screen: Memory Card or CD Player Option. Is there a hard reset for this unit? How can you get games to load up?

jd75125
You peeps are cool man. (I'm

You peeps are cool man. (I'm a new member here on Techlore) People call me a freak for liking old machines, but I don't feel so bad now. Luckily, no probs with my decade-old PS1! (Yet)

Joinaunion
Well sounds like the laser

Well sounds like the laser has died or it needs good cleaning or adjustment.

Joinaunion
heres link.

Connect With Techlore