Mp3 player shows downloading music but cannot access it

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lynsing
Mp3 player shows downloading music but cannot access it

I got a Samsung yh820 mc and I have had nothing but grief. Samsung will not replace it even if it was new and on warranty because it was bought from Ebay. In any case, I have tried to make this operate without success. I also have two other ones for my children and sometimes the player is not recognized when I want to download music. Please help with this one. I am stuck with the crappy one and want these to work. When they work they are great.

Matt Whitlock
I'm not exactly sure ho you

I'm not exactly sure ho you're trying to transfer files to the YH-820 (like through WMP or just drag and drop), but I found a driver, software utilities, and a firmware update on the Samsung suppor site. Some of these may be helpful. Give it a look here: http://www.samsung.com/support/produc...

Let the community know if these downloads help solve your problem. If not we'll need more info about the computer you're using (like what OS it's running, etc.), how you're connecting the player, and how you're trying to transfer music.

Lynsing
Thank you for your response.

Thank you for your response. I have downloaded firmware upgrades. The Janus upgrade does not want to upgrade apparently which I believe has something to do with the Media Transfer Protocol. This upgrade from Windows Media plays for sure does not want to work. Samsung washes their hands of it even though it was bought brand new but from Ebay. That is their reasoning. Brand new for my daughter for Christmas from Santa. Santa is not happy. In any case my operating system is Windows XP, I have Windows Media Player 10. It recognizes the player. The music appears to download fine but the message on the screen for the player says that it needs servicing the Janus upgrade was not successful. I cannot access any menus on the player. It just has that screen. One curious thing is the bootloader is version 2.1. My son has the same player it works fine but the bootloader is JN version 5. Please let me know if you have any solutions. Thanks]

Connect With Techlore