Philips Big Screen Model# 50p8342 HELP PLEASE

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
FRASIER2
Philips Big Screen Model# 50p8342 HELP PLEASE

I have a philips big screen model #50p8342 and it freezes if you turn it on and put it on a channel it is stuck there it wont turn channels the volume wont go up or down the tv will not turn on or off by the remote or tv you have to unplug the tv and wait 10 or 15 minutes plug it back in and start all over anyone have this same problem or know whats wrong with it??? Please Help

mzscott
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with model#55P8342. But this morning I woke up and the tv would not come on at all. The power button is lit but nothing happens. Usually I can unplug it but this time nothing helps. I hope your tv does not totally die like mine did. Looks like I might have to replace it. Its only 2 years old. If anybody can help. please help me. I love my tv.

Larry Dillon
Its most likly whats called a

Its most likly whats called a painter IC. Its the microprocessor IC, but Philips calles it painter. Its a common problem and is whats called a surface mount IC with 100 pins on it. This is not a job for the user or experimenter to repair. Not only can ther Printed circuit board be damaged, but the other closely mounted componets can fall off as well with too much heat. Sorry i couldnt assist you more with this. Let us know how things worked out .. Good Luck.

stressed
I have #50p8342, that has

I have #50p8342, that has done the same thing as the 55p8342.  I had a repairman substiute the  small signal board but it only worked for a while.  I learned of a repair kit for  the large signal board.   My repairman has abandoned the project with doubts of his ability and the time he anticipated it would take.  I have an ATM technician who feels capable of repairing the the small signal board.  But as I mentioned the kit is for the large board.  Does the large board come out of the TV? Should I let the tech repair the board and then let a TV man take it from there.

Help!!!!!!!

Larry Dillon
Do you work on the printed

Do you work on the printed circuit boards down to component level? Also do you have the surface mounted component removel tools and the experience to do this? If yes, I am sure you should have no problem at all doing this repair yourself my friend. If you do not, it may cause more problems then you already have. Also you should get the service manual to show you how to take apart the set, as well as to do any alignments after this repair is done. Its your decision. Good Luck, and let us know what you decide or how you make out.

Crooddog
I have a 55p8288, which has

I have a 55p8288, which has the same symptoms with the channel and volume not being able to be changed. I hooked up a cable box for channels and a stereo for sound, and just unplugged the TV when I was done with it for the day and was satisfied with the setup. But now, I have a new problem: The TV will just shut off, leaving the power light blinking every 10 seconds. The TV will not turn back on, until it has been unplugged for a while, but this problem is happening sometimes after only a few minutes. Is this related to the original problem, or is this something different? I could use an idea of what it will cost me to repair the latter of the two problems. I'm not capable of repairing boards, but I am very comfortable replacing boards.

Larry Dillon
When you replace a complete

When you replace a complete circuit board, you have some alighnment to do also and a service manual is needed.  Sometimes special test equipment is needed too.  Your problem souunds like problems in the power supply or the standby power supply.  Most likely bad capacitors and or bad regulation of the main supply.  These boards are most of the time repaired down to componet level.  A site call http://www.ptscorp.com rebuilds boards for your set.  You will have to find out what board is defective, get the part number of the board from the service manual or the board itself, and call the company from the website, the number is listed there and see what they will charge you for a board exchange.  Good Luck and let us know how you make out with this repair.

jim1965
The color is off a little How

The color is off a little How do i adjust the color on this TV i went to the menu and tried to adjust the color can you adjust this model of TV in the back i see were there is a red green blue button on the focus pack.

Alnp
50p8342 is a PTV916 (900

50p8342 is a PTV916 (900 series) chassis
check the crt's for contaminated fluid first.

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/31726/Philips_PTV910.html

read here about adjusting gray scale
http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/19129/Philips-60pp935217/#36107

tyrone
I have a big screen tv model

I have a big screen tv model 50p8342 and it wont stay on one channel it will change by it self what do i do can it be fixed

Larry Dillon
check for stuck or jammed

check for stuck or jammed front panel oe remote control buttons. Or they may have corrosion in them. the only way to fix that is to replace the small tact switches behind the front panel buttons on the small board right behind those front buttons.

rgermany
I was told that I need to

I was told that I need to replace my Signal Board for a Phillips big screeen TV. He said it will cost me about $400.00. Does this sound reasonable?

rgermany
was told that I need to

was told that I need to replace my Signal Board for a Phillips big screeen TV. He said it will cost me about $400.00. Does this sound reasonable?

rickyanno
i have a philips tv model

i have a philips tv model number 50p8342 and the transformer gone bad how can i find the part for this model tv thanks

rickyanno
i have a philips tv model

i have a philips tv model number 50p8342 the transformer part gone bad how can i find the part 4 this tv and model online thanks

Larry Dillon
what transformer and if I may

what transformer and if I may ask how do you know it is bad?
Larry

brad croskey
i have a 56in philiph big

i have a 56in philiph big screen anf i have to much red in it people tell me i need a foucs box .is this true

Dewayne Enox
My TV model#43P8341.Upon

My TV model#43P8341.Upon power up The big button just blinks red.what do i do?

evil
You start your own thread and

You start your own thread and provide a make with the model that way people can assist you better.

Connect With Techlore