Sony Projection TV - lines on screen

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jaymz
Sony Projection TV - lines on screen

I have a Sony KP-51WS500. I recently noticed elipical lines arching up from the bottom of the screen when the background is a dark colour such as black or blue. I have tried troubleshooting the problem by moving my subwoofer farther away from the TV. Also, I tried the auto convergence feature. This problem shows whether I am watching a DVD or regular cable. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Matt Whitlock
Can you post a screenshot of

Can you post a screenshot of the problem?

Jaymz
Here you go. Sorry it took

Here you go. Sorry it took so long.

larross
has there been any response

has there been any response to this question ?

Matt Whitlock
From the looks of it, it

From the looks of it, it could be some form of interference, but it's hard to tell. First, do a hard reset. Unplug the TV for 4 hours and plug back in.

If that doesn't solve it, I'd start disconnecting devices and see if one of your other components is the source of the interference. Does the start of the problem coincide with any other event, like moving the TV to a new location, adding a new appliance somewhere else in the home, or connecting a new piece of gear to the display. Has there been any power outages lately? Did a neighbor recently put up a big HAM radio antenna?

If you still have no luck, it could be an odd internal problem, but it's something a tech is going to have to diagnose in person. In my opinon, The KP-51WS500 is a good set, and worth the repair cost at this time.

Connect With Techlore