VHS to DVD

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
mzlady
VHS to DVD

I used my dvd recorder to record from vhs to dvd and everything worked fine except for one thing. I can only play the movie in the dvd recorder. I cant take the movie and play it in any of my other dvd players or even on the computer, is there anyway I can get around this?

vampy
When you were finished did

When you were finished did you finalize the DVD disc? Is your DVD disc compatible (EX: -R or +R, also disc brand) with your regular DVD Player? The most common problem is not finalizing the disc. I have had excellent results copying VHS tapes to DVD discs using my DVD Recorder. Vampy

amanda123
i have a question i was

i have a question i was transfering a vhs tape to dvd and when i was done i then wanted to tape something so i did i used a different disc and then i went back to transfering then i wanted to see the show i recored on tv and it took along time to load i could hear the disc clicking then after awhile it said on the screen fail and at the top invalid disc what do i do i can't watch what i recorded or record i can't do nothing is it beace i transfered alot of vhs tapes to dvd and something is wrong with the machine, the machine works fine i can still transfer vhs to dvd and record it is just the one disc i don't get it is the disc bad? please help

Quest
Can't record home movie VCR

Can't record home movie VCR tapes to DVD recorder.  It records TV programs fine, but not my VCR tapes.  It's a TV/VCR combo and the tapes play fine, but when I push RECORD, ERROR appears on unit.  I've unplugged cable so the only thing coming in on the TV is my VCR taped home videos, but...

Help!

Thx much,

Quest

Connect With Techlore