PC doesnt recognise MP3 player

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
greig
PC doesnt recognise MP3 player

Hi All
I would appreciate some help please. I recently bought an MP3 player from eBay, I downloaded a few MP3 files and everything seemed fine. I decided to delete these files from the music folder and load some new ones. I selected the 'delete all' option and the files cleared as they should. This is where the problems started. Now when I plug the player into the PC it doesn't recognise it as a removable drive. The PC makes a noise when I connect the player and when I look in the device manager it's there as 'USB 2.0 (FS) ADFU device' More worryingly is that the player seems to be always on, the only way I can switch it off is to remove the battery. The display of the player permanently displays 'starting...' I have a feeling I may have removed more than just the music files when I deleted. Does anyone know if I can reload the original software/drivers and get it going again ? I am running XP Home SP2.
Thanks in advance

Matt Whitlock
You may have accidentally

You may have accidentally deleted some necessary system files along with the MP3 files. Check the manufacturer's website for any downloads or utilities that may help you get it up and running again.

Josh Maxwell
My device manager for my

My device manager for my philips HDD082/17 says one or more files are missing.Could you please tell me what files may I be missing.

JedOi
@ greig ...USB 2.0 (FS) ADFU

@ greig ...

USB 2.0 (FS) ADFU device - means it has an Actions chipset and is therefore an S1MP3 player ...

Take a look over at http://www.s1mp3.org ;)

Connect With Techlore