Computer does not recognize camera

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
hazeleyes
Computer does not recognize camera

I have a Kodak EasyShare C300 digital camera. I have tried everything suggested, yet my computer does not recognize my camera.

I have loaded the batteries,plugged the USB cable into the port, plugged the other end into the camera, turned on the camera and alternately pressed every button. Still the computer does not recognize the camera.

Matt Whitlock
The first thing I'd do is

The first thing I'd do is download the latest version of the EasyShare software (current version is 5.2), and install it on your computer. Make sure you download the correct version for the OS you're using.

Personally, I'm a large advocate of ditching the direct camera to PC connection, and picking up a flash memory reader for your camera's memory card. This makes transferring pictures a snap, and you don't have to mess with proprietary software or connections. Read this for more information.

hazeleyes
Ok, I'm going out to Radio

Ok, I'm going out to Radio Shack to get a Card Reader shortly. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Thank you for your input Matt. My friend also suggested the Card Reader.

Connect With Techlore