Hooking my PC up to an LCD TV.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jehannum
Hooking my PC up to an LCD TV.

So, Christmas, etc. Got a nice new TV (it's a Samsung LW20M-something [the options appear to be LW20M21C, LW20M21CU or LW20M22C]) which is supposed to double up as a monitor; it has a socket for the monitor plug and everything. And this sort of works.

However... the resolution won't go above 656x496. I have an Nvidia GeForce FX 5700LE graphics card, which may be relevant. I downloaded the driver from the Nvidia site this morning, and nothing changes.

When I use the Nvidia settings to bypass the resolutions that it says it "can't support" to select something like 1280x1024, it goes black and says "Mode Not Supported" until the automatic reset to the previous settings. According to the manual it's supposed to be able to display normal, usable resolutions. I have no clue what might sort it out :\

Matt Whitlock
Make sure you have the output

Make sure you have the output refresh rate set at 60hz. Most PC capable TV monitors don't support refresh higher refresh rates.

jaimers101
okay so i don't have an LCD

okay so i don't have an LCD tv but i am having lots of problems hooking my computer up to my TV. I have an s-video connection and they are all hooked up right and everything but when i turn the computer on i get these, horizontal white bars and then nothing, no picture no sound no nothing. very frustrated and don't know what to do. can anyone help me.

Matt Whitlock
jaimers101, Did you check out

jaimers101,

Did you check out the Connect your PC to your TV article? It talks about connecting with S-Video on page 2. http://www.techlore.com/article/10061/

When was the last time you upgraded your nVidia display drivers? If you're running 32-bit XP, this is the most current version.

ForceWare Release 80
Version: 81.98
Release Date: December 21, 2005

nVidia also has a nice step-by-step for just the nVidia process, including screenshots. You can check it out here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nv...

Connect With Techlore