dolby surround system with RCA HDTV Help

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Val
dolby surround system with RCA HDTV Help

I need some help here. I have a 52" RCA HDTV and got a dolby surround system with subwoofer and five other speakers. After it was all hooked up everything worked but sound to the TV. Can anyone tell me why I get sound with the dvd/cd player but watching regular tv I cant get the surround sound to work on tv.

Matt Whitlock
In many cases you have to

In many cases you have to engage the audio outputs in the TVs audio menu. Take a trip in the menu and see if there is anything that refers to what you want to do. Also, make sure you've got everthing connected to the receiver, the receiver is on the right input, and that it's assigned to look at the appropriate connection (either analog or digital) for your situation.

If you can provide the model of TV and receiver, as well as where and how you have everything connected, the community may be able to better help you.

Val
according to the diagrams

according to the diagrams everything is connected properly. I was told that this dvd surround sound system only works when watching dvd's. How is that possible. I was under the impression all surround systems would also work with the tv. If this is true that's what the problem is and if so what do I need to get so the surround sound will work on my tv. I hope not another system. This one was expensive enough. My big screen tv is an RCA the surround sound is a Dolby. Is there any hope....???

Matt Whitlock
Val, Can you please provide

Val,

Can you please provide the brand and model number of the TV and the receiver? Dolby is a company that created the surround sound technology inside your receiver, but they did not actually make your receiver. There should be another brand on it, like Sony, RCA, Pioneer, Admiral, etc. RCA is a good start for the TV, but a model number would be particularly useful.

The more information you are able to provide, the better the community will be able to help you.

Connect With Techlore