DVD player troubleshooting question

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
ETuser
DVD player troubleshooting question

I have an RCA DVD player model RC5240P. Last time I played a movie, it started to pause a lot near the end, and now it won't play a disc at all. I insert a disc, and when I listen close, there is a whine, and then it stops and says "no disc". Is this a problem with the "hat", and if so, can I fix it myself? I can tell the disc is not spinning--it's always in the same position. Thanks.

VoSandy
I just bought a Desay DS-5701

I just bought a Desay DS-5701 DVD player, all hooked up and all I get is vertical rolling on screen dspite the V-mode button.
Please help!

jocaseia
When playing back dvd's, my

When playing back dvd's, my screen alternates between going very dark, then back to normal. It's a relatively new phenomenon, but i don't understand it! Everything seems to be wired right, video and audio work fine, it does not do this during normal tv viewing, only when playing dvd's. Has anyone else experienced this... and if so... is there a solution?

Matt Whitlock
jocaseia said:When playing

jocaseia said:

When playing back dvd's, my screen alternates between going very dark, then back to normal. It's a relatively new phenomenon, but i don't understand it! Everything seems to be wired right, video and audio work fine, it does not do this during normal tv viewing, only when playing dvd's. Has anyone else experienced this... and if so... is there a solution?

Sounds like this is a result of Macrovision copyguard protection. Do you have your DVD player wired through a VCR?

jocaseia
Matt Whitlock said:jocaseia

Matt Whitlock said:

jocaseia said:

Sounds like this is a result of Macrovision copyguard protection. Do you have your DVD player wired through a VCR?

Yes. Yes i do.

Matt Whitlock
jocaseia said:Matt Whitlock

jocaseia said:

Matt Whitlock said:

jocaseia said:

Yes. Yes i do.

Well, there's your problem. :-) Many Macrovision protected DVDs will exhibit this behavior as a preventative measure for copying a DVD to VHS. I wrote a short article about this early last year. You can read it here: http://www.techlore.com/article/10421/

The jist is that you need to pick up an RF modulator if your TV only has RF inputs, or connect the DVD player directly to the TV instead of the VCR.

jocaseia
Matt Whitlock said:jocaseia

Matt Whitlock said:

jocaseia said:

Matt Whitlock said:

jocaseia said:

Yes. Yes i do.

Well, there's your problem. :-) Many Macrovision protected DVDs will exhibit this behavior as a preventative measure for copying a DVD to VHS. I wrote a short article about this early last year. You can read it here: http://www.techlore.com/article/10421/

The jist is that you need to pick up an RF modulator if your TV only has RF inputs, or connect the DVD player directly to the TV instead of the VCR.

Thanks Matt... i really appreciate the help! I'm not sure exactly why i have it wired like that... i have never attempted to copy dvd to vhs... but i'm not tech saavy and probably just tried various wiring configurations until one worked.

Thanks again,
jd

Connect With Techlore