My vcr isnt working

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
girly_girl
My vcr isnt working

The other day i went to put in a movie for my cousin and it shows that it is playing but there is no sound or picture. When i go to the menu screen on my vcr i have the blue background but i can hear the movie. i just used my vcr a few weeks ago and had no problems. i've doubled checked all my hook ups and everything is correct. can someone help me figure this out

Ron Repking (not verified)
You could have a bad cable.

You could have a bad cable. Try a different connection like an S-video connection if your VCR has one.

Midwest
I had disconnected my GE VCR

I had disconnected my GE VCR from my GE TV, and when I connected it again, the red light on the timer started blinking. I cannot use my remote to do anything with the VCR. How can I get the light to stop blinking and use my Remote. My remote has new batteries. The Model number of the VCR is VG2000/VG4000. Can anyone help me?

what
Look for the simple fix first

Look for the simple fix first, Try un-plugging the VCR, wait a few seconds, plug it in and notice if the timer light changes to off or remains blinking. If this does not fix, your VCR seems to be awaiting an event to record in the future. The reason it is un-responsive is to protect the VCR from changing channel. I would ask anyone in the home if they had set the VCR to record a show through the timer program. BTW.. hope you read this entirely before un-plugging, else the timer may lose its program.

what
Girly_girl, I would try a

Girly_girl, I would try a video head-cleaner, most VCR's today have a built-in video sensing circuit which dis-allows the noisy static of open signal or what is commonly refered to as SNOW. If this type of signal is detected, the VCR sends a BLUE signal to the screen. If your Cassette has any dust particles on the tape itself, this is now transfered to your VCR's head causing little or poor signal to send to the T.V. resulting SNOW is converted to BLUE. Hope this helps.

Connect With Techlore