1995 Sony 20" TV sound problem and buzzing

1 post / 0 new
Dragos
1995 Sony 20" TV sound problem and buzzing

So, my friends who are researching the site, here is some info on a specific problem with the Sony 20" TV made in 1995.

First of all, I started noticin the sound problem after the TV had been fixed, following an instance where lightning struck the house (no put downs on Sony).

It all began with a buzzing sound heard from the outside of the TV; almost like a generator.

Then the speakers seemed to not have any power; the sound could barely be heard.

Finally spealers started to shut down. At first only one, and later on it would start again. Then both and they would work again later on.

The solution I found was to push with the finger or even the headphone connector against the headphone jack on the TV. This done from the front of the TV without opening up the TV.

Later on I thought I figure out how to fis this problem by opening the TV to try an set the head phone jack straight on the circuit board.

While I was manipulating it, moving it around, the speakers would end up having perfect sound quality.

I wanted to pull it out so that I could put it back in, in order to push it in better, the way one can do with the speaker connectors or any computer memory chips.

I ran out of luck there, but one conclusion remains:

The headphone jack causes suden volume muteness, and buzzing in the TV if it is remotely dsiplaced from its holes.

The problem in this case is that one has to know which holes the pins from the headphone jack have to go in.

There are six holes in the board where the headphone jack came out, and there are only four pins coming out from the headphone jack.

Also, tv repair people do not want to work on the circuit board; they either agree to change the whole board, or like in most cases, say that it is too expensive to fix and that they are not interested in the business.

I hope this helped a bit.

I am hoping to fix the problem shortly (in is now Dec 8, 2005).

Connect With Techlore