bigscreen distortion problem

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
gumby06
bigscreen distortion problem

hi,
I have an RCA P46921 46in big screen tv that has some sort of distortion problem. The three colors don't line up on the screen for some reason, so I see 3 mirror images projected on the screen, and it looks like it has a pin balance problem. I was watching tv and all the sudden everything doubled.. or shadowed.. on the screen and then it kept getting worse. I heard no noises. Any ideas as to what this could be or if it can be fixed?

gumby06
Okay so I figured out that is

Okay so I figured out that is the convergence board that has gone bad. Anyone have any expierence on replacing these? Ive done some more research and found that it seems that RCA has had problems with this. Seems like the cost will be around 200 to have a repair man fix it, does that seem reasonable?

cookie404
I have this same problem with

I have this same problem with the convergence board and need to replace it.  I have an RCA 60" model D61130 and cannot find where to purchase it.  Does anyone know?? And what expertise it would take to replace it.

Larry Dillon
cookie404,  On the RCA sets

cookie404,  On the RCA sets most of the time, unless the board is burnt up, the convergence board does not get replaced as a unit.  There are two IC's on the board along with fusable resistors that go bad in almost every rear and front tube type projection set that was made.  If you have no soldering experience,dont have any TV repair experience, You should find a trained tech to service this set for you, as a tv set is not a place for an experimenter or a do-it yourselfer to be tinkering inside of.  Not only is there High Voltage inside this set,even when the sets unplugged, you can cause more damage in a blink of an eye by not knowing about solid state serviceing practices.  Let us know when you get the set fixed.. In most cases a repair such as this runs anywhere from 250 to 375, depending on the area your in and exactly what the problem was.  Good Luck

Bkybo
I have a Sony big screen

I have a Sony big screen KDP57XBR2-2001 that continues to desort, colors turn real dark then light. I have repaired it several times for this problem. Do you have any suggestions.
Bkybo

Connect With Techlore