IItronics Mp3 player, trouble with folders

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Andonis
IItronics Mp3 player, trouble with folders

I was wondering if anyone can help me in sorting out my IItronics 1GB player.
When I drag and drop MP3 files into the MP3 drive, it copies all files OK, but when I try to access these files from my player, it only shows half of these copied files (9 out of 19 files only). The memory of the MP3 player shows it's 97% full, but I can't access it all..!! Any useful tips would be appreciated, since it's a new player and I'm anxious to get it started..Please....!

thoughts
i have this problem too i

i have this problem too i dont know what to do...

stesh
hiya i av been havin the same

hiya i av been havin the same problem but with mine the player shows the amount of memory used but it wont play.it says no files!what shuld i do?

Nick
This might help.The iMP can

This might help.
The iMP can only cope with a single level of folders. This means that all you can put into the 'Music' folder is individual track files, not further folders.
If you want to keep tracks in their own folder (eg album name), you have to put the folder onto the iMP's drive alongside, not in, the 'Music' folder. Make sure that the folder you drop is a single folder, not eg an 'album' folder inside an 'Artist' folder (which is what WMP gives you).
The folders you add are accessed by selecting 'Music', then a short press on 'Mode', selecting 'local folders' and there they are (with the 'Music' folder). Select the folder you want with 'Mode', and Bob's your uncle.
There is a limit to the number of folders you can have and a limit to the number of files in each folder (99 in both cases, I think).

irv
Cheers Nick, I got this

Cheers Nick, I got this player for my girlfriend and we were having so many problems that I was going to have to take it back, but thatnks to your post we're sorted! Got to say, the manual is lame in the extreme, but now we know about the folders it's working pretty much fine. We've got one problem with one particular file that seems to completely crash the player (causes it to reboot) but tbh that can be lived with.

Anyway, thanks for the info Nick!

Lisa_B
Please can somebody help me?

Please can somebody help me? I am having trouble with my IItronics MP3 player. It copies ok when I drag files into the MP3 drive, but when i try and access them in the music folder, it says there are "No files" Have I got a broken MP3??? Please help me.
Thanks, Lisa

TLC3rd
Nick,Can you talk me through

Nick,
Can you talk me through how to add the folders ? I have tried it the way you describe above and when I press mode whilst I'm in 'local folders' all I can see is the root file. If you have time a step by step noddy guide would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

JedOi
You can ONLY use folders ONE

You can ONLY use folders ONE level deep on the iMP-11, other players may have folders already on the drive.

Data can be stored in sub-folders but music/audio files can not be read by the player in the firmware any deeper than 1 level of folders/directories.

hope this helps.

Sarah-Jane87
Hey I'm having trouble even

Hey I'm having trouble even turning it on! I seem to have copied files onto it quite easily from the computer but when I unplug it from the computer it just flashes through colours and doesn't show the menu. I feel like such an idiot so any help would be appreciated!

matty
hey i recently bought a 1gb

hey i recently bought a 1gb iitronics imp-65 mp3 player. i thought as it is 2 gb it would store up to 1000 songs but i am having trouble with the amount i can put on it. ive put 124 tracks on it but everytime i try and put more into it it says the memory is full. i check the memory in the file and it says i got about 1310 mb left. does anybody know how i can sort this out?

katies
I bought a IITRONICS mp3

I bought a IITRONICS mp3 player and can't seem to play the files. The files seemed to download fine and are visible in the folders but when i come to play them it says unknown format. Could anyone please help. Its probably something incredibly simple but its driving me nuts.

ginger fish
my brother bought me a 1Gb

my brother bought me a 1Gb IMP-65 mp3 player. It plays the music.. but not the way i'd like it to.. i downloaded the tracks onto the machine and it plays them in a different order to that of how i downloaded them. for example.... its playing my mechanical animals album.... but from track 7 instead of one.. then after that finishes it puts the next track as number 3.   does the player play the songs alphabetaically???  any help here would be cool.

JANEPOTTERTON05
wE ARE .HAVING THE SAME

wE ARE .HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WE SEE THE FILES GOING OVER BUT WHEN WE TRY TO

PLAY MUSIC IT SAYS NO FILES FOUND, WE HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. HOW DO YOU GET THEMUSIC

ONTO THE PLAYER, IN THE MANUAL IT DOES NOT HAVE EXPLANATION AS WHEN YOU LOOK INTO THE FILE THE MUSIC IS THERE ON THE REMOVABLE FILE    

dean_2006
no files found.... says it on

no files found.... says it on myne, wtf do i do? i have no music on it, i took it all off when i saw this, and it still says it :(

rose03
Hello! I just bought a new

Hello! I just bought a new IItronics MP3 player, but i was wondering...how do you drag and drop files on the folder??

thanks.

brian w
I received a IItronicsĀ IMP-65

I received a IItronics IMP-65 portable 2GB MP3 player for Christmas and had no problem dragging and dropping the first 148 tracks from my cd collection but now it won't allow any to be copied it says unsupported media type.please help.

thanks

Ped
I bought an IItronics 2GB PD

I bought an IItronics 2GB PD-13503 MP3 player, I put all my music on it and now i can only play about 20 songs it keeps saying "level up" when i go to the other music in the folders menu. do i need do download firmware because i've looked everywhere for upgrades it's doing my head in please can someone help me?

gibbon
The Imp-65 1 GB mp3 player is

The Imp-65 1 GB mp3 player is a load of fucking bollocks

rMuD
run cmd from start menu

run cmd from start menu
change to the drive letter of your MP3 Player ex: type G:

cd \
for /R %1 in (*.mp3) do cmd /c move

northrowan
Hi folks, after scouring the

Hi folks, after scouring the forums for IITronics and trying to sort out my brother's "No Files" problem when tracks downloaded onto MP3, this is what worked for me. Excuse simplistic language all you Techno Wizards!

1. FORMAT THE MP3 PLAYER
Plug MP3 into computer.
Open up "My Computer"
Point to "Removable Disk F" with mouse. Right click
On the list, select "Format"
Look down the new list. Make sure under "file system" FAT32" is selected with the arrow (NOT just FAT)
Make sure there's NOT a tick in the box next to "Quick Format"
Click START at the bottom.
It will ask if you're sure you want to delete everything. If you are, click "OK"
The computer will now clear everything off your MP3 player.

2.Next you have to CREATE A NEW FOLDER ON THE MP3 PLAYER
to download your tracks into
Keep MP3 plugged into your USB socket on computer
Open "My Computer" on your computer
Find "Removeable Disk F" and right click it. Select "Open"
A new screen opens up.
On the left side, under "File and Folder Tasks" click on "Make a new folder"
An icon with a new folder appears with a blank tab for you to type in the name of it. I called it "New Music Folder" but call it whatever you like.
This is the folder you need ready on the MP3 to copy your tracks into.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PUTTING TRACKS ONTO MP3 PLAYER
Put computer on. Open up Windows Media Player. Stick CD you want to copy into the CD drive. Copy CD onto computer by clicking "RIP" at top of page. It will tell you as it does each track and tell you when it's finished. Close Windows Media Player.
Open up "My Documents". Look for the folder called "My Music" and open it with a double click. You'll see the CD album that you've copied. Double click this to open the list of individual tracks. If you want them all on your MP3, highlight them all. If not, highlight the first one you want.
On left of screen look for window that says "File and Folder Tasks". Click "copy this file". It opens up a window with a "tree" or "map" of your computer
Plug MP3 player into computer into the USB socket.
On the tree, as the computer recognises your MP3 player, it will do a "dong ding" and a new bit will appear on the tree: "Removable Disk F" Click on it.
Folders in your MP3 are now shown on the list. Click the lower one that YOU made eg "New Music Folder" (NOT the one that says MUSIC)
Now click "copy" (middle button at bottom of the square small screen)
Your track will now be transferred onto the MP3. Repeat this for each track. Your MP3 can only cope with lots of individual tracks copying onto it. If you copy the album on without opening up the album first while it's in the computer, your MP3 wont recognise it.

Now unplug your MP3 player. Click the round ON/PLAY button. Then push in/down on the slidy button at the top. You should see the name of your first track on the screen. Press the PLAY button again. Listen. Hooray!! To move from track to track quickly, slide the slidy button backwards or forwards.

Connect With Techlore