help with Panasonic DVD player

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
clueless
help with Panasonic DVD player

The power went out here and when I put a DVD in my player I now have an annoying narrator describing everything that is happening in the movie! For example, the opening scene of the movie is a thunderstorm and a guy standing in a forest. Usually thisi would just play quietly with music in the background. Now there is a narrator who describe the whole scene, "Scene opens and there is a thunderstorm. A man stands in a dark forest as music plays..." I can't figure out if it is a problem with the dvd or if it is a setting on the TV or DVD player. I read the manual and can not find how to turn off this feature. I thought I experienced this once before, but I can't figure it out and it is driving me nuts!

Matt Whitlock
clueless, Getting an answer

clueless,

Getting an answer on TechLore is easy. Post your question, and wait for someone to respond :-) It's a community, everyone is supposed to help each other out.

I would recommend editing your post and removing your personal e-mail address to avoid getting 8 billion spam e-mails. Though only members can post in the Community Forums, anyone can view them... even spiders.

As far as your question goes, it's most likely an audio narration or commentary on the disc. Usually, DVDs have some kind disc menu. Head to the audio or language area and select "none, no, etc" for audio narration. Another option is to hit your DVD player remote's "Audio" button, and cycle through the different audio tracks.

clueless
Figured out how to edit my

Figured out how to edit my message, but still clueless on the DVD. I am starting to think I did something wrong when I burnt it.

Matt Whitlock
If it's not a commercially

If it's not a commercially produced DVD, there could be any number of mistakes made during the ripping, creation, and burning process. I will say that if the DVD has never worked properly, you probably made an error when creating it. Post back when you figure it out to better help others in the future.

Connect With Techlore