Zenith problems

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
ehart1967
Zenith problems

My Zenith televisions comes on but only shows a static picture. When I hook my cable box to it nothing happens. Is this a serious problem?

owen smoker
Hi,i'm owen smoker and my

Hi,i'm owen smoker and my wife and I just got a zenith 56'in.rear projection t.v. from a freind of her's.The model # is Z56Z83R8,we have sound but no picture.Could this mean the tubes are out or is this maybe something serious? We really would like to keep this t.v. because it's in awsome condition.Also could you tell us about how much it may be to repair it?

Larry Dillon
Hi Owen, welcome to techlore

Hi Owen, welcome to techlore.com.  Owen the fact that you have sound but no picture, indicates that most likely the problem is not a major major one.  Most of the time when this occours in a Zenith or most projection sets, there is a fault in the vertical deflection circuit or sometimes but rare, in the video circuit.  Your problem could be a vertical registration problem(convergence), a bad vertical drive or verical output falure, or a fault at the sweep power suply that feeds the voltage to the verticle circuit.  In my opinion, this repair, if it is what I think it is, should  run anywhere from 200 bucks, all the way up to 450 bucks.depending on what has to be done.  These sets have no user replaceable parts inside them, so trying to fix them yourself these days can not only be dangerous, but if you do not have the right training to work on these solid state sets, can allso be alot of guesswork.  My best advice to you, would be Play it safe, and seek the assistance of a trained tech to help you all fix this TV set.  Good Luck, and please keep us all informed of the progress of this repair.

Connect With Techlore