Inability to read the F: drive?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
floydian18
Inability to read the F: drive?

Hey!, Have any of you out there ran into this sorta problem because I for some reason am having difficulties in trying to figure out why my RCA Lyra RD1028A Mp3 player isn't detecting the memory chip that I bought seperately for this player. Not sure If its an internal problem with the mp3 player or if its just the memory chip itself? I couldn't tell you, I wish I knew why this is happening because memory chips don't run all that cheap these days and I really don't want to have to get another one. So If any of you out there have the same model as me and have ran into this sort of problem than I'd be more than appreciative to hear your comments or advise on what I should do or try!

Matt Whitlock
floydian18, Are you using

floydian18,

Are you using Windows 2000?

Matt Whitlock
Okay, I have a few more

Okay, I have a few more questios:

Did it ever work?
Are you sure the memory card you bought is correct for your player?
Was your card preformatted, or did you need to format it? Have you tried reformatting the card?
Have you installed the MusicMatch software?

I also found this article on the RCA suppot site that may be of interest:

"If your Lyra player is connected to the PC with an external memory card inserted, you may switch between viewing internal memory and external memory card by following the following procedure below:
By default, with memory card installed to the player, the external memory will be displayed on the PC upon connection. To display the internal memory, press and hold the STOP button on the Lyra player until the display of the Lyra device shows "Switching Drives" (RD1080) or Flashes the "USB" icon (RD1020/RD1070). Note: Do not remove the cable until after the display change takes place!
You may repeat the same procedure in Step 1 to display the external memory again. Note: You may need to format the optional memory cards before use with the Lyra player. Please refer to Windows help for Formatting instructions."

Let us know if these suggestions help.

floydian18
Well unfortunately there is

Well unfortunately there is no stop button on my mp3 player (what are the odds?!) I tried to hold down random buttons but no luck with that either im not sure what the hell is wrong with this thing? Im a little confused on where to go from here I'm thinking about just taking it into a repair shop or something. I've looked around for 2 days online and haven't found anything that relates or helps me in this type of problem. I'm extremely appreciative of your assistance in helping me out (even though I still havent got it to work.) But I do have one question to ask you and that's if its possible to reset this certain Rca lyra mp3 model because like most technology related things that usually solves the problem for the most part.

Matt Whitlock
floydian, Troubleshooting is

floydian,

Troubleshooting is a process where you have to catch me up on the things that you have done and haven't done. For example, the question "Is the card formatted?" is really important. Your card will not be accessible if it was never formatted. Answering these questions will help in trying to solve your problem.

I didn't see any product model RD-1020 on the RCA site, I assumed that they meant the 1028 in this article, and thought it may apply to you.

In addition to the question I asked above, have you tried the player on a different computer?

floydian18
Yea it was formatted right

Yea it was formatted right after I got the thing and I've been using that specific card for quite some time up until now.

MaryWM
I had a Lyra some time back.

I had a Lyra some time back. It would only
work with a certain CF card...the most expensive.
Seems that lyra was proprietary...maybe it's
a trick they're still playing.
MaryWM

Connect With Techlore