Akai Plasma TV Model PDP4294

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
wrosario
Akai Plasma TV Model PDP4294

The TV switches on okay but I get no Audio or Video. Tried powering it down for over 1 hour and reconnecting the power cable but still no joy. The unit 2 year old and used moderatley. I did not notice any degradation of the picture or audio before the fault happened.
I bought the unit at Costco.
Any suggestions would be apperciated.

Matt Whitlock
I'd double check all of your

I'd double check all of your wires and make sure they're tight. I'd also make sure you're on the right input and such.

If all fails, you'll need to contact Akai for service: 800-726-4405

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

kram
Regarding the AKAI 42" plasma

Regarding the AKAI 42" plasma, I have the same problem. I tried contacting the AKAI service dept. (800)726-4405 and was given the Repair service dept. (888)697-2247 and was informed that they don't service AKAI tvs anymore, called back the main CS number with the info and the reply was very blunt...It's up to me see find a private repairman and the tv is not serviceable by them, they don't have anybody else to direct me to. That's $3,000 down the drain, I have had the set for only 3 years! We should report these company for putting out substandard products and having us pay premium prices and then just dumping the consumers when their products fail. Good luck with other AKAI owners, don"t buy AKAI!!!!

frep420
It's funny that kram said

It's funny that kram said premium prices, as far as I know, Akai is an off-brand inexpensive TV that doesn't even manufacture most of the parts in their tvs. Anyone that can fix a LG plasma can fix an Akai. you just need to do some research. There are Akai Authorized repair centers out there, I work for one. I always recommend the ext. warranty, especially if you don't want to pay for a Sony or Panasonic or other top tier, name brand TV.

Matt Whitlock
frep420 said: I always

frep420 said: I always recommend the ext. warranty, especially if you don't want to pay for a Sony or Panasonic or other top tier, name brand TV.

Couldn't agree more. TVs are certainly an investment, and though sometimes extended warranties are kind of a rip on cheaper gear (like $30 DVD players) IMO, $3000 TVs aren't one of those things that can be cheaply replaced.

mb2foru at aol
Reason being is that Akai 42

Reason being is that Akai 42 in is really a samsung sp4235 unit, look at fcc id number on back of tv and you will see that it is. It didn't meet Samasung QC so it gets sold and badged a Akai model. Have 2 here, 1 developed same PS problem and yes it is around $300 board to replace. Nobody fixes electronics anymore just boards and trash the old. This world is so far from being green it is unreal.

tldavis0824
I have a question, if you

I have a question, if you could answer it would be greatly appreciated. Just came across an Akai Model PDP 4294 but it has no cords. The light comes on when prompted. However, does it have a regular power cord, or does it need a cord with a transformer, etc? Just wondering if we should just pitch it out or try to get it up & going. It has a small crack in the screen in the corner.
Any helpful hints? Throw it away?? Thanks so much-Terri

Connect With Techlore