Home theater dead

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
conch
Home theater dead

My Panasonic DVD/VCR home theater made a popping sound and shut the TV off. I was able to turn the TV back on, without any trouble. But when plugging in the surrond sound, I hear a click that sounds sort of like a circuit breaker tripping. The TV continues to go off. Is the Panasonic Theater worth trying to repair or would this be considered a dispoable item? I'm I farther ahead to just fork out the bucks for a new system? Or find someone to maybe repair the old one? It's about a $300.00 dolla r system, and I can't imagine a repair with labor to be a whole lot less. What's your thoughts?

Matt Whitlock
Before you do anything, check

Before you do anything, check or replace any surge protector you have everything plugged into.

An easy way to check is to remove the surge protector, and plug each device in individually. Power the device on. If the power remains on without problems, replace the surge protector.

If you replace it and the problem continues, it may be that your home theater system is the reason why you're surge protector is shutting down. If so, you'll have to toss is or replace it. At 300 bucks a system, I'd highly recommend the replace route.

Connect With Techlore