JVc AV27720 problems

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
marty polak
JVc AV27720 problems

I have a JVC 27720 that does not get a picture or any sound when I turn it on. All I get is the power light blinking Can anyone help me?

Jacques_Laporte
I seen this one before it has

I seen this one before it has to do with Capacitors.

Most JVC have the same problem it is the 1000uf 35v capacitor that has leaked. Check for the large CAPs in the power supply area for sign of bulging. Might be C926.

Good luck

pleasehelpme
My AV-32D502 is doing the

My AV-32D502 is doing the same thing. Where is the cap located that i keep hearing about?

Mine has a 16v and a few 50v but i can't find a 35v. 

Larry Dillon
In most JVC sets it is C934

In most JVC sets it is C934 and it is 1000 mfd @ 25 volts but JVC says to change it to 1000 MFD @ 35 volts.  Also when this capacitor goes bad, check CP934.  You should not be experiementing inside a TV set unless you know the High Voltage bsafty issues, as there is alot of stored voltage inside these sets even when they are unplugged.  This capacitor will be buldging iif this is the problem.  If it is not, there is another problem with the power supply or sweep supply.  Goopd Luck, and let us know how you made out with this set.

pleasehelpme
In my TV it's C933 (1000u 16v

In my TV it's C933 (1000u 16v) / CP932  &  C935 (1000u 25v) / CP936.

Are the CP parts a type of fuse? (N70T) they are both shorted and seem to be OK. The caps are not bulging and look to be OK as well.

So if not a problem don't fix it  OR  do you think I should replace the 25v cap with a 35v or better cap for future concerns?

Larry Dillon
Yes, the CP's are pico type

Yes, the CP's are pico type fuse's, and should measure shorted. You may have another problem in your set.

pleasehelpme
I looked them up by the part

I looked them up by the part number and the description says a QFET.

So they are using a fet to be a fuse ha?

Is there some sort of reason for it?

I don't think it can be replaced by a fuse, because I seem to remember something not looking right with the picture.

Correct or not? Have you ever tried replacing it with somehting else?

I put a jumper wire in on a set one time and do remember the picture not being real clear, but when I put a replacement part in, the TV came up with a real nice picture. 

Larry Dillon
These parts are no more then

These parts are no more then fuseable links, I really don't not care what you looked up and found, as to contridict me on a question is ok but to question my Know how, thats another story my friend.  I have simply replaced tons and tons of these circuit protection devices with regular fuses in the past with whats called pigtail fuses.

dans_repair_service
As Larry stated, these are

As Larry stated, these are nothing but fuses. The reason for the CP designation is that they are Circuit Protectors or fuses. As far as looking up the part number, yes there are parts out there with the same numbering system. FETs have 3 leads though... not two. Please try and not question the information posted by those of us in the business. We are providing information to assist you with your problems often at the risk of our own living. Some of us are still in the business on a daily basis. A little knowledge can work both ways sometimes. We know the difference between parts and their numbering because of years of experience. Take advantage of it rather than questioning it.Sorry to vent, but...

pleasehelpme
Sorry Larry 

Sorry Larry 

I didn't mean anything bad at all by the comments.

I was mearly confused because of what I found and what happened to me in the past. Because of your comment I can see it must have been a bad connection or something I did. 

I know what a FET is but never heard of a QFET and the article showed 2 or 3 legs. 

I also have never heard of a 2 legged FET.

I was trying to figure out how using the gate and source ONLY could be used as a fuse. Thats why I said it the way I did. I thought I would get an explanation, not get someone mad at me for trying to learn something.

Again please except my appology.

Sorry for asking 

Larry Dillon
No problem my friend no

No problem my friend no insult taken, that was not me venting.  I understand your frustrations 100%.  Please do not take it in a negative way.  by the way QFET is a trademarked name by Fairchild Semiconductor. The QFET transistors use a proprietary DMOS technolgy. This technology is used for field effect transistors.  And of course an FET is a field Effect Transistor.  What you probably did was to look up a number representing the CP link, and it crossed referanced it to a QFET.  Please feel free to ask away any time or about anything.  If I can not answer it someone else here will.  I'm sorry you got dumped on, but we all have our bad days.

PKH
Yeah, dry up, Dan. It was

Yeah, dry up, Dan. It was just a misunderstanding. You're probably out of business by now anyway, and I doubt it has anything to do with the fact that you helped a few others on an internet message board.

Larry, thanks for YOUR patience, and also for sort of clearing up for me what a QFET is.

Connect With Techlore