File System Corrupted RCA LYra RD2762

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Terranova
File System Corrupted RCA LYra RD2762

Dunno wassup with this thing, I never used it before and I lost my disc, was using musicmatch jukebox to put songs on there and when i profiled my songs it screwed up. Any help? It'll work occassionaly but normally it wont and it wont profile.

Matt Whitlock
Try to reformat the internal

Try to reformat the internal hard drive.

Put the unit in MSC mode by pressing the control joystick while you plug it into the computer (assuming you use Windows XP). Then, right click on the drive in "My Computer" and select format in the list.

There is also a newer firmware update available from the RCA website. I'd recommend you download and install it. You can find it here.

squirlzmm07
hay matt, i tried your idea,

hay matt, i tried your idea, and it says "TRANSFERRING," then just goes "SAFE TO DISCONNNECT." It never comes up under My Computer.
I have already updated the firmware on it.

Esteban
I have this same problem with

I have this same problem with my RCA LYRA RD2765. I too do not have the install disk for the device. How can I fix it?

osustud06
I was wondering if anyone had

I was wondering if anyone had the drivers or disk to install?

osustud06
squirlzmm07 said: hay matt, i

squirlzmm07 said: hay matt, i tried your idea, and it says "TRANSFERRING," then just goes "SAFE TO DISCONNNECT." It never comes up under My Computer. I have already updated the firmware on it.

What did you do to get Safe To Disconnect off the player?

AmadeoV
I actually fixed this!!! Mine

I actually fixed this!!! Mine had been giving me the "file system corrupted" error. So, I opened it up (unscrew the screw on the back, pry the back cover off with a small flat head screwdriver or a key, etc.) and saw that the connector between the CF drive and the motherboard had come apart.

I re-inserted the cable into the groove of the connector on the motherboard, pushed the broken/separated piece of plastic that serves as a retainer for the cable back down, held it in place, and taped it down with a 1/4 inch wide strip of duct tape (taped all the way around the connector/cable to help keep it in). I put the Lyra back together and then turned it on... and it WORKED! It came right on into the normal menu! Yay!

Good luck other people, I hope that this is the same thing that happened to your player and that you can also fix it! =)

Wheadgurl
Askmehelpdesk.com Admins just

Askmehelpdesk.com Admins just resorts to reposting the same exact message everywhere without giving any kind of explanation to our many questions. But I have a question for him. As a current Moderator at Askmehelpdesk.com, I have the right to get an answer. We found some of the incoming questions at Askmehelpdesk.com to be very unusual, then I found these Petitions with the complaints and that started to give me a fishy feeling, something wrong is going on there. As someone else has pointed out, no one is coming to AMHD's defense and no one wants to clarify why for many years there are so many repetitive one-line questions on Askmehelpdesk plus the thousands of 1 post members who never return to follow up on the answers we mods provided. Also, someone else mentioned that Askmehelpdesk.com has nearly 90% Bounce Traffic (visitors staying less than 3 seconds on the site), this is totally true and public to anyone that wants to verify it. High Bounce traffic is very typical for sites that have fake visitors usually created with software, traffic exchange or other artificial methods that can be easily found in the internet at a low cost. Coincidentally, more than half of Askmehelpdesk.com traffic comes from India, a paradise for this type of tech savvy people and can increase a website's traffic from 50 to a million users a month in less than 48 hours. Someone at Ask Me Help Desk needs to stand up and answer these questions to clean up their growing bad reputation or we Mods will have to go to someplace else to spend our precious time. Thank you.

Connect With Techlore