Pioneer SD-T292

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
cartooncity
Pioneer SD-T292

I have a Pioneer SD-T292 monitor and it has begun to stay off once it is turned off. If I press the power button the standby light will come on and I can hear sort of a click, but the yellow light under it does not come on and the monitor will not turn on. I took it to the shop and the repairman said they had fixed it, but a month later it started doing the same thing again. I might add, that when the set is unplugged for a while it WILL come on again and act normally for a time. I believe that is what happened at the repair shop and the man just SAID they had fixed it since it seemed to be working normally. Be that as it may, has anyone experienced this problem with their SD-T292 monitor, and if so, did you find out what the problem was? I would really appreciate any help at all. When the monitor is on the picture is beautiful, I would just hate to junk it because of this.
Thanks a lot!

db1234
I don't have Pioneer, but

I don't have Pioneer, but sounds like the same problem I had with my Philips Plasma. My problem was in the power supply panel - the mother board - which was acting up for some time and finally died. The whole thing cost me $1600 do replace ($1000 for that panel itself plus labor & taxes). Luckily it was still under extended warranty, otherwise I would never have paid. The repairman told me that this kind of problem is caused by overheating plasma dubes which can damage the panel after prolonged use. I had my plasma for less than a year before the panel died.

cartooncity
Thank you, I don't know if it

Thank you, I don't know if it is the same cause or not, but if it is... looks like a new set for ol' cartooncity... or perhaps a projector... anyway, I'm going to check into that a little further. Thanks very much for the prompt comment.

P.S. I'm glad you were still under warranty! (smile).

Connect With Techlore