1997- RCA ColorTrak Plus-27"-No channels below 51

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
martian
1997- RCA ColorTrak Plus-27"-No channels below 51

- RCA ColorTrak Plus-27"-No channels below 51' I woke up from a nap yesterday and found that I could no longer get channel "line in thru 50". When I went into the set up menue I tried auto and manule programing, they all seem to be "enabled". It seems like it must be a hard ware problem to me. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks Martian

theegregor@hotm...
RCA Guide Plus+ Gold Set - 5

RCA Guide Plus+ Gold Set - 5 year old set -  no channels below 55 - all fuzz

Larry Dillon
Depending on the type of

Depending on the type of chassis this set has, there could be a few differant things that is causing this problem.  One cpuld be the tuner sheild and grounds if it has an on board tuner,  Two, inside the tuner assembly are two capacitors soldered to the printed circuit board, they are glued to the tuner board.  It is the glue that breaks down and does not let the tuner switch bands or tune stations, and three, could be the PLL IC inside the tuner assembly is defective.  In any case, this is a job for someone who is experienced with RCA TV sets.  There are no user replaceable parts inside this TV set.  Good Luck, and let us know how you made out.

hiteck
martian said: - RCA ColorTrak

martian said: - RCA ColorTrak Plus-27"-No channels below 51' I woke up from a nap yesterday and found that I could no longer get channel "line in thru 50". When I went into the set up menue I tried auto and manule programing, they all seem to be "enabled". It seems like it must be a hard ware problem to me. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks Martian

chaeck solder joints in on board tuner solder  each led on both ic in

tuner cage works for me

TonyG
I have this very same TV (RCA

I have this very same TV (RCA Colortrack Plus 27

Connect With Techlore