Mitsubishi 50 " lose picture after TV startup.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
mgk222
Mitsubishi 50 " lose picture after TV startup.

I have a Mitsubishi 50" Model# VS -50VA2,It was bought in 1993 and has performed well over the years.Back in 2001 ,after the TV has been on the picture dissapears but there is still sound,sometimes the picture would come back other times if you turned the TV off for 30 minutes and turned the TV on there would be a picture.I had a TECH come to the house and it was determined that the TV needed a PIP MODULE.Well the bill was over 200.00 but it was fixed.Well,not so fast.About a year ago the picture sometimes would turn off but you still had sound.Sometimes the picture would turn back on other times if you turned the TV off for 30 minutes and turned it back on the picture would be there.Well it has now gotten worse as the picture stays on for about 10-15 minutes the turns off.Wait a while and turn the TV back on and you would have a picture....Now,one more thing.When turning the TV on you would here a click of the power turning on then in a few seconds another click and then the picture would turn on.When the picture is not working and when turning the TV on you don't here that click.Don't know if it is related but there it is.Hope someone can help.....Thanx.....

Matt Whitlock
The information I'm finding

The information I'm finding on your problem is split. If the TV is really going dark, it's a high voltage problem. If the raster remains but video goes out, then it's probably the video amplifier.

A few things you can try before you call a repair man would be to hard reset it. Unplug the TV for about 4 hours. You can also try the whack test to see if there is a loose or cold solder joint. Give the TV a good smack and see if the picture returns.

Good luck.

mgk222
Thanx Matt.What is the Raster

Thanx Matt.What is the Raster.I unplugged the TV last night then plugged it in this morning.The tv has been on all day and...................... It is working just fine ,the picture has not cut out once.What happened..

sz teddy
I was given a mitsubishi tv

I was given a mitsubishi tv model # VS-50VA2 without a manual.Just now having problems with the TV. I have been searching for a manual to download can find other models but I cannot find my model. Any suggestions as to what web site i can find it in?
Thank.
I found it under owners guide for any one who needs it. Thanks anyway

Connect With Techlore