Hitachi 27" television

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Monty72
Hitachi 27" television

I can not activate the power on my 27" Hitachi television either by using the remote on/off or the on/off button on the set. Any suggetions???
Is my old friend finally calling it quits after these many years of faithful service. If so, is it worth the cost of repairs or is it time to replace this set with a latest state of the art big screen TV?????????

Matt Whitlock
It would appear that your set

It would appear that your set is in need of repair or replacement. Without knowing how old the TV is, I can't really give you any specific recommendations, but this article should help you figure out what to do: "How to Determine if you Should Repair a Broken Device"

Monty72
Thanx for the info Matt......

Thanx for the info Matt........As the article very appropriately indicates but is difficult for an owner to admit after 16 years of daily faithful service (hell, that was longer then my marriage lasted) and survival of 6 cross country moves it was time to accept the fact that my good old friend "Hitachi 27" must go to the big television heaven in the sky.....
I replaced it with a 26" Toshiba Model 26HF15 also added a Sony Home Theater System HT-DDW760...
I know that based on my research Consumer Reports is "enamoured" with Sony television products but just coldn't find a picture on a Sony set that compared to the Toshiba......
I appreciate your help and welcome any comments you may have re: my replacement purchases and any anticipated projected problems.......Hopefully, I'll enjoy 16 more years of dedicated, hassle free service from this set.....
monty

Connect With Techlore