Toshiba VHS/DVD player giving problems

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chocolateball
Toshiba VHS/DVD player giving problems

This problem is regarding my Toshiba SD-V291 DVD Player/Video Cassette recorder. When I try to play the VHS mode my TV shows nothing except for a black screen (no picture), but I can hear the sound. My TV, which is a Toshiba 24AF43, is set to Video mode, but still the Video Cassette doesn't play. The strange thing is that whenever I play the DVD player it works, the picture and sound are present. So what could the problem be? I have made all the right connections, according to the manual and I have had this player for 2 years now. This problem only happened, afterI connected a new DVD recorder to my TV etc I have taken the DVD recorder off now and I have been trying to set up the DVD/Video combo as it was before with the TV, but it is giving me problems with the VHS mode? Please help!

Matt Whitlock
Many combo units only output

Many combo units only output the VHS tape via the coaxial or composite (yellow) video connection. So, if you hooked up the unit with an S-Video or Component video connection, then the video for the VHS tape will not be shown.

Treat the combo like two seperate players and connect the VHS side to a seperate input as the DVD player. That should get you working. Post back with your results, or if you're still having problems.

Connect With Techlore